chapter 32-you equals me

Levy rumbled trough her stuff. 'I'm sure I made a note of it in one of my books', she said.

Gajeel was looking over her shoulder. Every book seemed the same in his eyes. Spells, potions, history and lectures. It was a big pile of words to him.

'You don't need to find it', Gajeel mumbled as she handed some books for him to hold. 'I'm fine staying like this'.

Levy stopped for a moment and stared at him. 'I can't do this for long Gajeel', she clutched one of the books in her arms. 'I can't keep lying to Rose and I don't want to keep us a secret'.

'Don't place words in my mouth shrimp', he sat down next her, placed the books on his side and pulled Levy in an embrace... There was a long silence. Levy was listening to the beating of his heart till he spoke. 'Sh*t, I'm not good with words. I guess I just want to see you smile. And this mess isn't doing you any good'.

'It's not your fault', she looked up at him and gently touched his lips. He gazed down at her, his stare made her blush slightly. 'I wish Rose could understand why I love you'.

'....Let's do it then'

'You're the best', Levy jumped up with a bright smile, ready to get back to work but Gajeel stopped her. 'Not so fast', he tapped his lips.

Sigh. 'Really? Now?' (not that she minds)

'Always', he tapped again.

'Alright alright', Levy chuckled but was quickly stopped when Gajeel got closer. His stare had captured her eyes quickly and all she could do was hold her breath till he could capture her lips as well. It didn't matter how many times they would share these moments, she was nervous every time.

Gajeel was close enough that she could hear his breathing. This was the first time and she probably misheard; but for a moment she could swear she heard that his breathing nervously faltered. That same moment all thoughts were erased the moment he kissed her.

Every time he kissed her, everything became peaceful.

It was Levy who broke the kiss eventually with the words; 'I love you'.

'Always', the dragon slayer added. 'So let's search for that spell of yours'. He grabbed a book as if he knew what he was searching for. After a while of annoyed groans Levy started to help him. 'My note books are dark green and light blue. I'm not sure it's in either one of them, but you can start there'.

He nodded and searched in another pile. In the end it was Levy who found the right book and the right page. 'GOT IT', she smiled.

'Finally'.

'Can't wait to be a woman?', Levy nudged.

'Just tired of searching. Besides it won't be too bad... I can touch you where ever I want'. With those words Levy burned bright red. 'GAJEEL!', she squeaked. 'I will break up with you if you do'.

'It's gonna happen sometime'.

'NOT YET', Levy yelled loud. She poked his stomach with her fist to teach him a lesson.

Gajeel laughed some more before he got serious. 'Okay, okay. Just do it already'.

'First swear you're not going to try anything'.

'Do I have to? I'm doing it for you, let me have some fun too'.

'GAJEEL!'

'Fine, I swear', he grumbled.

Levy sighed in relieve. 'Not yet', she said under her breath.

After that she took the book in her arms, glanced one more time to make sure Gajeel was ready to go and slowly started to chant the spell. As she spoke a thin layer of mist filled the room. It grew thicker and irritated her eyes and throat. This was the real spell. It was similar but not as dangerous like the curse.