chapter 13- care and protect

I will update every thursday from now on
For no real reason!

Enjoy
--

The wave of uncontrolled magic energy spread across the room and neared Juvia with a sickening speed. 'JUVIA!', Gray yelled on top of his lungs. He tried to push himself from the ground but he wasn't fast enough.

He heard Juvia scream, but he couldn't see behind a layer of rubble and dust that now filled the room.

He forced himself on his knees. His body hurt with every movement he made. It still felt as if the magic within himself broke through his skin, even though there aren't any injuries visible.

'Juvia!', he screamed again.

'Stop yelling would ya?', it was Rose's voice. It sounded weak... annoyed and it came from the same spot Juvia just stood a moment ago.

Gray narrowed his eyes and tried to look through the cloud of dust. 'Are you alright?' he yelled back.

Finally the cloud of dust parted just enough so Gray could see a silhouette lower her arms. 'We are'. The silhouette (probably from Rose) offered another silhouette a hand. The second figure supported her belly.

'Juvia is fine', were the last words Gray heard before he surrendered to his fatigue. He didn't even notice it before he lost his
conscious, but his magic was steadily flowing from his body as he was fighting to stay awake.
His sight blackened and the next thing he remembered was a cold towel on his forehead.

Without opening his eyes he grabbed the arm of the girl it belonged to.
'Gray-sama!', Juvia yelped in surprise. 'Don't scare Juvia like that'.

'It's revenge', Gray grinned softly as he let go of Juvia's hand.

'Revenge?', she asked as she continued to wiped his forehead.

Gray didn't try to get up and enjoyed this scene for a moment. His mind ran his own course. 'I was worried. Nobody knew where you was'.

'Gray-sama was worried?' Juvia stopped in the middle of her movements. Gray opened his eyes and saw Juvia with a big smile on her face.

'Of course I was. It's not everyday a guildmember disappears without trace'.

The smile disappeared as soon as it came. 'ow', Juvia avoided eye-contact.

'What's wrong?' This time Gray felt he had to sit straight up. He rested his hands on Juvia's. It was an accident that their hands met, but he choose not to fix the 'mistake'.

'Does Gray-sama see us as just guildmembers?' she bit her lower lip, waiting for his answer.

Gray blinked a few times in surprise, he didn't know how to answer the sudden question. It seemed as if Juvia was more insecure about their bond then before. The attack, the rape, the pregnancy... Of course someone would be more insecure. 'I would be worried about all my friends. But I was sure you'd be alright'.
He spoke those words, before regretting them immediately after. She was pregnant and it was unsure who did it. All they know it was someone from a thieves guild who attacked Juvia that day. Saying she was alright, wasn't completely true.
'Sorry', Gray held her hand tighter.

'Don't apologies Gray-sama. Juvia is glad you are with her', you could see she was grateful. Maybe that was the reason she kept talking. Her eyes were locked on the blankets. 'Juvia could always relay on Gray-sama. You even asked Juvia on a date, she couldn't be happier'. It was a sad smile this time.

Gray removed some hair so he could look her into the eye. Her deep blue eyes locked with his and for a moment he felt his heart skip a beat. It's been a while since they've been like this. This close, Juvia caring for Gray. He didn't even realize he missed this moment. He bend over and placed a kiss on her forehead. 'Everything will be alright'.