chapter 43- I need Levy

Late and tired they reached a warmer part of the mountain. They had to search for a good spot. Rose was weakened so they had to get away from the snow. They had found her yesterday but she is barely awake. Levy and Gajeel only wake her up when she needs to eat. Levy even has to feed her.

They set up camp in the middle of the day. They had two sleeping bags but Gajeel offered his up for Rose. He was gathering firewood while Levy stayed near Rose, watching over her as she cooked up a meal for three. Rose was still fast asleep. She needed the rest.
Levy cherished her sisters cheek. Her sister been through a lot and this time she looks worse than the last time she was freed from that same mountain. But how did she get there in the first place?

Levy noticed a scar at her left wrist. Poor thing.

Gajeel got back fast, his arms full with food. 'Did she wake up already?', he asked her when he noticed the boiling pot of soup. Levy was currently taking bread out of the backpack.

'Not yet', she placed the bread on a plate and opened the tent. 'Rose?', she asked in a gentle voice. 'Are you hungry?', she shook her shoulder.

Rose's eyes slowly fluttered open. Levy needed to help her sit straight. 'It's some soup'. The soup in question was steaming so she had to blow the spoon to cool it down. 'It's still a little hot. But it will do you good'.

'Thanks', Rose presented a soft smile. Afterwards she asked Levy: 'Where is Gajeel?'

'Outside', Levy decided to answer honest.

Her sister rolled with her eyes and ate a few more bites. After that she got more sleep. Levy wished to get home as quickly as possible so Wendy could heal her.

Gajeel was still eating at the fire. 'Did she eat?', he asked with his mouth full. Levy sat beside him and warmed her hands at the fire. She decided to lean against him. 'She did...', it was silent after that. Levy was eating her portion of the soup and bread.

'I'm going to the village in the east of here', Gajeel said after a while. 'Food is running low. Going to grab some grub'.

'Let me go', Levy looked up at him. 'Rose has nothing but a dress to wear. She needs a coat and pants and I bet you don't know her measurements'.

'What if she wakes up?'

'I wouldn't be surprised if she sleeps until tomorrow morning. Tell her I'll be right back if she wakes up. Is that fine with you?'

'Sure'.

'I should go quickly. Don't want to stand in front of closed doors', she quickly ate and stood up. Carefully she opened the tents, not to wake Rose. Her bag was next to the entrance.

'I think I'll be back after an hour', she pecked Gajeels lips. And smiled as her hand rested on the cheek. 'Thank you'.

'For what?'

'Everything', she felt the need to give him another small kiss. 'Want something from the store?'

'Kiwi's. Lily isn't around so I had to do without. Starting to miss it'.

'Lily or the kiwi's?', she winked.

'Both', he slapped her butt playful. 'I thought you wanted to get to the stores before they closed'.

'Be right back', she swung her bag over her shoulder with an exaggerated swung to hit him in the face. She flashed a quick grin. Revenge for the slap against the but.

---

Gajeel was leaning against a log, staring at the sky. Levy left about half an hour ago. She was probably searching between the clothes rack at this moment.