chapter 28- fateful encounter

Levy stretched her legs as soon as the train stopped. The quest had led her to an quiet village. To get there she had to walk almost 5 miles from here.

First she walked over to the local market for something to eat. A fresh fish caught her eye. The small bluenette wouldn't mind to light a fire in the woods, read a book and enjoy the seafood.
She was on her way after paying and, in addition, gaining the easiest route to get to the village.
Her feet carried her besides the river while occasionally sinking in the mud.

The sun set in a rapid pace as if it was pushing the girl to set up camp.
Levy wasn't in a hurry and decided take her time. In the end she found an open spot. After stoking a campfire she let the smell of baked fish carry into the sky.

She was about to take a bite when a rustle in the bushes made her aware that she wasn't alone.

'Who is it?' she asked more with interest in her voice then worry.

'Don't worry, just another traveler', a man with black hair and eyes spoke. A pair of red glasses rested on his short nose. His hands were held in the air to portrait his innocents. His smile was both kind and playful. 'Mind to share dinner?' he asked while reaching for potatoes and beans from a purse hanging over his shoulders.

'No, go ahead', Levy smiled back and made place on the soft patch of moss that she had claimed for herself until now. She pulled a big piece from the fish to give it the stranger.

'You won't regret it', he said before taking a bite. 'This is good', the compliment hanged in the air for a while. He was grabbing some spices on the bottom of his back.

Levy looked at him trying to make the best baked potatoes. She herself was calmly observing. Her eyes were observing his while his eyes focused on the food before him, as if there was nothing more important then the meal that would come out of it.

'I hope this will be in your taste', he eventually spoke when he placed the meal in the fire. 'So what are you doing here?' he took his spot on the moss.

'Just going on a quest. How about you then, wandering the forest this late'.

'Just traveling from village to village throughout Fiore. But a quest huh? Could it be that you are a knight, mage or perhaps a treasure hunter?'

Levy giggled. 'Nothing like a treasure hunter or a knight. But I'm from Fairy Tail'. She grabbed a stick from the ground and poked the fire a little higher. After that she bend her knees and wrapped her arms around them.

'So a mage?'

'You've heard about us?'

'I've been in Magnolia once before. Came up with great inspiration there'.

'Inspiration?'

'I'm trying to become a writer', he smiled proud.

'Really!?'

They continued to chat about the art of writing for a while. Levy confessed that although she loved to read, she is terrible with the pen.
The stranger in return told her that he was the same before traveling. But meeting different people on his journey made the pen flow over the paper. Words he could never dream of, came natural. He's almost done with his first book because all the experiences he gathered so far.

Slowly it became cold in the forest. The sun was completely down and the moon started to make his appearance behind the leaves.

'We should rest. I want to get up early', Levy eventually said as she crawled on hands and knees to her bag to get her blanket.

'You don't mind me sleeping here?' the writer asked surprised.

'I'm sure you're not going to try anything. And I couldn't chase you away after the baked potato and beans', she laughed.