chapter 15- keeping you close

short one-shot updated for those who are interested

--

'We should probably get back', Gray stood up and offered Juvia his hand.

She gladly accepted the gesture and pulled herself up with his help. Some of the loose grass was sticking to her clothes. Juvia started to pluck the most away.

'You still have some here', Gray took a step closer and was about to reach for her hair where some grass was trapped when Juvia turned her head to look for herself.

'Where?'

'Just stand still. I'll get it', Gray let out a laugh and cupped her face, forcing her to stand still. Once again their faces where only inches apart and once more Juvia felt like embarrassing the man she loved and pressing a kiss against his lips. She resisted temptation but started to blush at the thought. Gray turned her head to the right with care and freed the grass from her hair.

'Thanks', Juvia said before walking away in embarrassment.

'Don't your feet hurt anymore?', Gray looked down but she seemed alright.

'It doesn't hurt so much anymore', Juvia smiled grateful. It was great to have someone who takes care of you. Lyon was caring for her since she was found by the members of Lamia Scale, but he was protective in an other way. He wanted her to lay down and relax, sleep as much as she could. He obeyed every wish she might had.

But Gray gave her some kind of comfort she couldn't find in the white haired mage.

They walked straight forward for Lamia Scale before Juvia's feet could hurt. They were still walking through town when Juvia suddenly grabbed Gray's arm.

'Don't look.... But Juvia thinks we are being followed', she whispered.

'Followed? Who? The guys who attacked you?' Gray asked while clenching his teeth.

Juvia flinched at the thought. 'Maybe, but it's only one mage'.

Gray wrapped one arm around Juvia's waist and pulled her closer. 'It's going to be alright, okay?'

Juvia nodded unsure.

'Okay, you should just keep walking... I'll stop him. Don't worry I'll protect you', he hummed in a quiet, determinate voice.

'No! Please stay near Juvia', she held his arm even tighter.

Gray could only watch as she shook in fear.

No... he could help her. 'It's alright. I'll stay with you. He won't touch you again', he pressed a kiss again her temple. Juvia froze for a moment before relaxing. She still felt tense, but she wasn't shaking like before.

Juvia kept Gray close as she rested her head on his shoulder while continuing to walk. 'Thank you Gray-sama'.

Gray meant every word. He lost sight of her once and it wouldn't happen a second time. He would protect the watermage whom he started to love a long time ago. It didn't matter if her love was inflicted by a curse or not, he wouldn't abandon her again.

They continued their walk and soon Lamia scale was in sight. They had to walk through an ally to get there as soon as possible. They could clearly hear the stalker walk through the ally from a safe distance.

'We could take him out', Gray whispered.

'Are you sure, Gray-sama?' Juvia looked up to look him into the eye.

'Who could defeat us if we are together', Gray flashed a smile and held out his hand, inviting Juvia.

She nodded and smiled back. The stalker had no way to escape their combined attack in the narrow alleyway. They won before even casting the spell. Gray kept his hands rested on her waist while Juvia rested one of her hands on Gray's shoulder and grabbing his hand with the other before turning towards the other end of the alleyway. Gray held her hand tight before they shouted: 'Unison Raid!!'