chapter 1- nightmares

I'm back! And with a new Gruvia fan-fic!

I couldn't come up with inspiration for a prequel of 'Old, Current and New'.
I hope I can full fill your needs with this fanfic
----

A shiver found it's way from the tip of my toes through my spine and back again.

I'm staring into her eyes. One seemed blue, almost white. The other was as green as grass.

'So boy...', the strange woman spoke. 'Did you come here to find your death?' One of her long fingernails made a deep cut in his cheek.

The young ice-mage took one step back. 'What do you want from me?'

'Tsk, you couldn't give it to me even if you wanted'. It took a while for Gray to understand what she said. He heard her, but the information was later processed by his brain. His attention was caught by the woman's appearance. She was ominous in her movements and her speech. Her appearance made it even worse.

Her lips blue/ purple, as if every sign of life was drained from her. It could come from the cold of these mountains, but something in Gray told him that wasn't the case.

'What do you want?', Gray asked again. The woman tried to grasp his collar but Gray took another step backwards. Suddenly the floor underneath his feat was gone. Gray had reached the end of the ledge. He closed his eyes, expecting to find his death. A sudden pull on his arm made him open his eyes again.

'No.. That won't do', the woman spoke. 'Don't kill yourself. Where is MY fun when you do that?'. She kept her grasp on his arm but didn't pull him up again. 'Now I think about it. Killing you would be too easy'.

'What did I even do to you?', Gray growled even if he was in this position.

'Don't you even remember?', She pulled him up. 'After all what you have done to me... YOU DON'T EVEN REMEMBER?' rage swept across her face. With a battle cry she threw him against a nearby rock.

Gray's vision got blurry the second his head made contact with a sharp rock. The first thing he was able to recognise was her torn white dress. Her bare feet walked over the ice and snow that covered the mountain. The bottom of her feet were red as if she just made contact with the cold. But Gray knew she lived on this mountain.

He knew from the moment their eyes connected. Disbelief, sadness and anger could be seen on her facial features when she realised who he was. Gray was the reason she was living on the mountain, the reason she had to suffer. He was young, around 8 years (was her guess). She was 11 on the other hand. When compared in magical skills, she could beat him with the use of a single finger.

'How dare you to even forget what you've done to me!!', she kicked Gray in the stomach. 'Death would be a gift. I want you to suffer', she hissed. She placed all of her weight on his hand.

'AHHH', Gray yelled out is both surprise and pain. He tried to pull his arm away in a reflex but it only made her place even more of her weight on his hand.

The pain was tremendous. He bit his lips in order to fight a little of the pain that was brought to him.

'I want you to suffer', she spit the words. 'You stole away my chance to care and love for others. So I will do the same to you'.

Gray's eyes widened before he was knocked unconscious by a firm kick against the temples of his head.

(present time)

Gray jumped up from his nightmare. This nightmare became even more frequent these days. He knew the reason, but he wasn't ready to accept it yet.

But the worst part of these nightmares was that it was a memory. 'Why me?', Gray mumbled under his breath.