chapter 4- im leaving

Wendy was able to use her magic a few more times, helping the healing proces of Gray's arms. He was finally able to lift heavy objects permanently. Wendy told him he could soon remove the bandages. She guessed 3 more days would be enough for a full recovery.

Gray seemed happy with the news, but as time passed Juvia became more gloomy.

Gray was the first, but not the only one to notice the change in the rain-woman. She was absent-minded and more on edge. When it started to rain, she was even more upset. She seemed to think it was her fault, altough it was a common day with common rain.

Gajeel sat near her at the moment and was the one to mumble some kind of comforting words. It seemed like he was looking for someone to take over the job. Because he wanted to comfort her, but he just didn't know what he needed to say.

Gray wanted to help her. But he felt that it was better to keep distance. He still felt guilty. Especially because Juvia seemed sad.

Ofcourse Gray doesn't know the true reason why she is sad. She didn't even remember.

Juvia wasn't the only one to be taken back. Gray wanted to end this curse now more than ever. He felt bad for Juvia, it wasn't her fault that she was captured by it. But now she was showing frowns instead of her happy and optimistic smile.

Gray sighed as he stood up and left the guild. Wendy told him he needed 3 more days to heal. After that he was going to find that woman whose name he didn't even know. He was going to search for the same mountain with the cave. A place he'd rather avoid.

With his hands in his pockets he walked back home. He sighed several times as he followed the road home. He thought about it before, to leave and break this curse, but now more than ever did he feel the urge to solve this one and for all.

To be honest he didn't like to meet the woman again who made his life a living hell. For these past years he tried to ignore the curse and go on with his life while trying to avoid people to get dragged in with it. He was afraid for her powers. Casting a curse was powerfull magic. She was probably capable to inflinct even more damage if she wanted to.

Now, after all those years, he was going to confront her. He was going to un-do the curse and make Juvia love him for real.

Gray reached his house and opened the door. He took out a bag.

Gray was looking at his wardrobe when he realised that he could use a shower. He didn't feel like taking a shower when Juvia was able to jump out any minute. Juvia was probably still in the guild. This was his oppurtunity to shower without being afraid she was going to suprise him.

Gray snickered at the thought. Why did I even fall in love with her? He knew the answer. It's because she is one of the most happy, loyal and funny person I know. She is able to smile during the most dark days. Juvia was the light of his days. She probably didn't know, but Juvia herself made Gray's life a better place. Just like he made the clouds break and show her a clear sky.

Juvia entered his little house while he enjoyed a cold shower. She was talking with Cana when she noticed Gray left. She assumed he went home and she knew she was right when she heard him in the bathroom.

A smile appeared on her face as she drifted of to one of her daydreams.Subconsious she started to take her first steps towards the bathroom.

Gray-sama, Juvia could help you. You are still hurt.
Juvia, you are the most carring person I know... Marry me!

She blushed as she went straight back towards reality. She was standing now in front of the bathroom. It was tempting to walk in, it really was. But Juvia had to restrain herself... She should, she didn't want to... but she should!

She was fighting between her wishes and her common sence. So much she didn't noticed the water stopped running.

Gray was done with his shower. He wanted to pack his stuff before Juvia came home. Knowing Juvia she would be worried if he said he went on a "quest".

He wrapped a towel around his waist and opened the door to find Juvia.....

And let's be honest. It's Gray we are talking about... There is no towel.

'Juvia?' he asked when he saw her. Not long after that he remembered he had no clothes what so ever to cover even an inch of his body. He quickly covered the most important part.

'g.. ge', he tried to speak but he couldn't. He didn't care much that she saw him naked (again) but he didn't want her to see the bag. Frustrated he couldn't even speak, he tried to say it in one breath. 'Get put of here would ya?' he said louder than anticipated.

He shut his mouth and closed the door in embarresment. He listened with his back against the door. He wanted to hear her happy yelping, her laughing... something, but it stayed quiet. Damned, now she thinks I'm mad.

He started to search for clothes in the bathroom, hoping that at least his pants would've dried. He stormed out when he was somewhat representive.

He saw with one glance that she left the house. Damned, he cursed with his inside voice.

He searched the streets around his house, but he wasn't able to find her nearby. Gray had to call in defeat after a mother scolded his for walking around with only his underpants...

Back inside his house he noticed his bag moved from it's original spot.