chapter 21- eight months

'So, did you both pick a name yet?' Bisca asked the couple.

Gray still didn't feel comfortable being flirty in public but his hand laid on top of Juvia's. 'We have some ideas. But we won't tell till the baby is born'.

'How about a hint?'

'Juvia is afraid she says too much', she laughed a little.

People did ask Juvia how she was doing and they were keeping an eye out for any abnormalities during the pregnancy. Although the baby-bum was rather small for 8 months, there was no other sign that anything was going wrong.

'If you need any advise you can ask us', Alzack offered.

'That's right. We had to ask Macao for advise... But Asuka turned out alright. So I'm sure you two will be fine', Bisca joked and all four started to laugh.
When they wers still smirking, Lucy, Happy and Natsu joined their table. 'What are you all laughing about?' Happy landed on the table.

'Just some baby-talk', Bisca said. 'What reminds me, did you two find an apartment yet?'

Gray and Juvia shared a troubled look. 'We can't seem to find a big enough apartment for three which doesn't cost too much. We're going to stay in my small apartment till we found something'.

'But it's almost time', Natsu exclaimed.

'Like I don't know that' Gray growled. It was annoying that they still hadn't found anything suitable.

'Did you buy everything you need for the baby already?' Lucy asked.

'Gray-sama is going to go shopping with Juvia today', her smile colored her cheeks.

'You know... We still have some stuff laying around if you want', Alzack offered.

'That would be great', Gray said. 'It would help out a lot'.

'No problem. It was just laying around anyway'.

'I'll pick it up soon'.

'You don't have to hurry. Just give me a sign and I'll help you out'.

That's when Gray saw Juvia flinched in pain. 'Something wrong?' he asked worried. He covered her forehead with his hand to feel if she had a fever.

'Don't worry Gray-sama. The baby is just kicking', she flinched another time. 'It's a little fighter'.

'Oooh, can I feel?' Happy walked up to the soon-to-be mom. Juvia nodded and the exceed placed his paw on her belly. They all waited silently till Happy exclaims; 'I felt it!', he smiled. 'And it was a strong kick'.

Suddenly he gasped, remembering something. 'Natsu?'

'What is it buddy?'

'When are you getting a baby?' Happy whined.

'WHAT!? I'm not getting a baby.....!! That would be Luce'.

'huh?', Lucy wasn't really paying attention because she wanted to feel the baby kick for herself. 'What did you say?'

'I'm just explaining to Happy that I can't get a baby...', Natsu shrugged.

'Sure, y-'

'...I need you for that'.

'WHAT!? NATSU', Luce hide her face in behind the sleeves of her shirt.

'Well, only women can get pregnant', the fire mage said. 'Or not?' he started to doubt.

Everyone around the table started to laugh at Natsu. Even Natsu himself decided he could best laugh along with the others, even if he didn't understand why.