Chapter Eleven:

Chapter Eleven:

I was able to stay with my Father for only a couple more hours, which was spent sitting in a comfortable shiny black chair while he looked over papers.  We acted as if our entire previous conversation had never happened, but we sat in a nice silence. 

“You can leave now.  It’s nearly time for supper, drink your potion and go down, I’ll be there momentarily.  You will come here each day at seven in the evening to relax, you will tell me about your day and if at any point, I feel as if your life is threatened, I will send you home.  There will be no more arguments, is that understood Lily?” 

I nodded quietly, fetching my container that held the Polyjuice potion before taking not more than two swigs of it.  I grimaced as my stomach lurched and the now-familiar feeling of my skin bubbling, stretching and growing taut assaulted my body.  Father looked down at his papers, as if silently giving me a bit of privacy, which I was incredibly grateful for. 

“Thank you, I’ll see you soon.”

I rushed out of his quarters, glad that there seemed to be mass amounts of students heading towards the Great Hall, giving me a chance to slip out of the room without really being noticed.  Bodies were pushed and shoved, elbowed and heel-kicked, my own included, as we all gravitated towards the wide, double doors that led to food.

I sat next to Neville as he ate  in seeming contented silence, his eyes stayed on his plate even after I sat next to him, not so much as giving me a small wave or a ‘hi’. I followed his example, putting a bit of food onto my plate though my stomach felt uncomfortable and nauseous still so it wasn’t much and I wasn’t all that hungry, eating it in silence. 

It seemed nearly everyone else followed that example too.

Something was slid over to me by Neville himself as he continued eating, as if nothing was going on and he wasn’t trying to hand me something that vaguely resembled a galleon.  Well it did resemble a galleon, except for the markings on it which read ‘Dumbledore’s Army’, with a day and time underneath it.

September 8th,

7PM

That was just tonight! 

I kept my face carefully blank as I continued eating, placing my had over the coin before setting it into my pocket.  So the DA meetings were starting again, my mind mused, it’d been a while since we had something like that.  If we were caught, we were tortured or dead meat.

I knew that, and chances are everyone else knew that as well. 

But we were all willing to take the chance, I just as much so as anyone else, without a doubt.  There was a war coming and everyone was aware of it.  Everyone knew that if you wanted to survive this war, it was time to do some hardcore Defense Against the Dark Arts studying, especially with the Death Eaters teaching at our own school.

Now more than ever, it was time for us to stand up and protect our lives, our family and friends. 

We were strong, and together we were even stronger. 

I ate in silence just as everyone else, very little bites and didn’t even consume half of the small plate I’d put together, but afterwards once people had begun leaving the Great Hall, I followed them out before heading towards the Room of Requirement.

*_*_*

I glared slightly at Neville as he to put me on the spot in front of this new Dumbledore’s Army, saying that I would be helping to teach the class.  I didn’t remember agreeing to that, but I didn’t argue, not wanting to bring more attention to myself than I already was by not walking up to him.  Sighing, I hung my head, ducking past students as I finally decided that I might as well go ahead with this.  I did know a lot about the Defense Against the Dark Arts, after all I had escaped from Voldemort, not that anyone here actually knew that.

If I could do something to help my fellow classmates be able to survive the war that I knew was coming, then I would do it or I’d regret not doing it for the rest of my life.

“The first thing we’d like to teach you is basic defense spells, how to block and parry spells and charms shot at you, and then we’ll move on to silent spells.  Is everyone ready?”

People nodded, mumbling affirmatively and then we got down to the hard work of teaching kids aged from fourteen to seventeen how to fight.

“Ginny, I need help,” A girl I vaguely recognized as a seventh year Gryffindor muttered as she came up to me.  “I can’t seem to get this right, the wall will hold off the spell for a few moments and then it’ll break through the defense.” 

“You have to really put your heart into it,” I directed her, leading her back to her partner as I kept explaining just how to get it right.  After several more tries, she finally seemed to have it, having been one of the last in the room to figure it out. 

“Thank you!”

I smiled softly, moving towards a corner of the room to pull out my flask as nobody was looking, taking a large gulp of the polyjuice potion and grimacing as the taste hit my taste buds.  I moved towards Luna Lovegood, she was smiling serenely as she almost always seemed to be doing while talking to another Ravenclaw, helping her to figure out the spell we’d moved onto next.  Looking around the room, I noticed everyone speaking, some even laughed once in a while, and everyone who could help someone learn something, was helping them learn. 

It honestly warmed my heart and made me smile largely as I realized how much this class, how much Dumbledore’s army was going to help everyone in the future. Even if they never fought in a war, learning this would help them out in classes to come, meaning they’d be ahead of everyone else. 

I was proud of myself, of Neville and Luna, and I was proud to be there at that moment.  No matter what happened in the future, it would be something I’d always remember.

[[A/N: I wasn't going to post this until Christmas but I'm too nice to make you guys wait.  There probably wont be anymore updates until after New Years, so Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or you know, whatever you celebrate. What's your favorite part of the holidays?  I love you guys!  Peace and Love, iJay]]