Chapter Thirteen:

Chapter Thirteen:

About a half hour into the DA meeting, people seemed to be able to grasp the concept of a patronus. The students who had already figured out how to successfully do the spell were helping the others who hadn't just yet. Neville and I were hardly even needed, which was disheartening, as I hadn't even been able to use my wand all afternoon.

"Ginny! Will you please help me? I must be stupid because it won't work for me!" A girl I vaguely recognized as a sixth year Hufflepuff ran up to me, her cheeks flushed rather prettily as her fluffy blond hair seemed to blow in the breeze created by all the patronuses running around.

It seemed as though I'd spoken too soon about not being needed.

Nodding, I brought her toward a corner, away from most of the other students and used my hands to grasp hers before moving them in the way necessary to complete the spell.  "Simply swoosh your wand slightly up like this, don't flick your wrist, you'll only hurt yourself, and then say the spell.  Think hard, very very hard, of the most happy memory you can come up with, and say loudly and clearly 'Expecto Patronum'." 

I backed away in order to give the sixth year the room needed and watched as she attempted it once more, and failed.

"Maybe you should do it first, and then I can watch you and know how its done."

 I nodded, pulling out my own wand.  Looking at the girl to make sure she was paying close attention, I thought of my father, of him and all the things he'd done for me.  He made me feel loved and accepted, he watched over me, he did everything a father should do, something nobody else had done for me.  

"Expecto Patronum!"

Out of my wantd burst a large, horrifying snake.  It reminded me very much of Nagini with its size.  I stared at it just like the rest of the class did, and the worst part of it was that it wasn't a horse. Neville stared at me like I was a monster, Ginny's patronus was a horse, I had assumed my patronus would change along with my shape but it hadn't in the least bit and now because of it, anyone who would stop and think about our two different patronuses would know that I was not Ginny Weasley.

Soon enough, any minute, someone would be smart enough to put two and two together.

Any minute now, someone would realize I wasn't Ginny Weasley at all.

As Neville stared at me, accusation in his eyes, I ran before he could speak.  I ran before he could say anything against me and I could only hope that he held his knowledge to himself until I had a chance to explain my reasoning for pretending to Ginny; although I wouldn't and couldn't blame him if he chose to rat me out to the entire school. 

I ran through the school, out into the open air even though it was passed curfew, and I walked around the quidditch field several times.  Thinking, my brain in overdrive as my shoes crushed the green grass underneath my feet.  Think, think, think.

I knew I should go straight to my father, I should tell him all that happened, but was there another way?  Another idea.  I didn't want to disappoint my father, I didn't want him to think I was an idiot who couldn't even keep a cover from a few kids.  

But less than a half hour later, I'd realized there was no other way.  There was absolutely no way to keep my identity hidden any longer, especially once Neville figured it out.  He was smart, it'd happen in no time.  I had to tell my father, immediately.

I ran all the way to the headmaster's staircase, terrified that if I didn't find a way to fix this immediately then I'd be back in Voldemort's clutches all too soon.  

After quickly muttering the password, I jumped on the staircase and moved up it quickly as it spiraled towards the door that lead into the headmasters quarters.  

I burst in without a single thought, looking around the room wildly for the man I called my father only to find McGonagall sitting in his place.  My eyes looked her over then wandered around the room a bit more before coming to the conclusion that Severus Snape was nowhere to be found.  

"Miss Weasley, what can I help you with?"  

Though I was slightly surprised that she didn't say anything about me bursting into the room unanounced and without knocking, I ignored that feeling, instead opting to try and beg her to tell me where my father was.

"Something's happened.. and I can't say what but I really need to speak to the Headmaster, so please can you tell me where he is?  It's important, really important."  

"I assure you, you can trust me on this matter and I'll do my best to help you Miss Deacon."  

I patted down my hair before shaking my head and sitting down in the chair across from the desk, the black wood digging into my legs as I shifted in order to get comforable.

"I can't tell you, Professor.  I really need to talk to the Headma-"

Trailing off, I stared at her for a few minutes, her last words finally sinking into my head.  "Did you just call me Miss Deacon?"  

Professor McGonagall's eyes seemed all-knowing as she smiled down on me slightly before nodding.  I quickly shifted my glance, my eyes welling up with tears as I noticed that my hair was back to its natural black color, my hands back to their usual size and the shoes that I was wearing seemed a bit too large on my now smaller feet.  

"I can explain."  

------------

A/N: This chapter is about a paragraph or two shorter than usual but this seemed like a great place to end it so here you go.  and it only took me a month and a week to update (i'm sorry?).  My updates are slow, and my son is all sickly right now but I figured you guys deserved an update while he took a nap.  So what do you all think? I only got 3 hours of sleep last night so I hope this chapter isn't complete crap. 

I love you guys!  Until next time: 

Peace and Love,

iJay