Chapter Ten:

Chapter Ten:

I had to pee.

That was the first thought that popped into my head when I woke up.  I sat up, stretching and wincing as my entire body felt heavy and weighed down.  I looked around, my eyes widening as I realized I wasn’t in my own room. 

Where was I? My brain asked, buzzing with more questions than just that one but I could only concentrate on so many things at once, and at that moment, most of my concentration was on holding everything in until I found a toilet. 

“Good evening, Miss Weasley.” An oh-so-familiar voice spoke from the doorway behind me.  I turned to  it, swallowing loudly as I saw none other than Professor Severus Snape standing in the only exit out of this room that I had. 

“Good evening, Professor..”

He walked out of the room without saying another word and my feet seemed to follow him without direction. 

He stopped in the middle of a decently long hallway, pointing at  a shut door and as I moved cautiously to open it, I realized it was the loo.  I grinned, slipping inside to do my business before moving towards the mirror in order to straighten out Ginny’s rather unruly hair; only.. it wasn’t Ginny’s bright red hair that I was confronted with as I stared in the mirror.  It was my own, regular black, medium-length black hair.  My own eyes, my own pale, scar-streaked face, I was at my own height and weight, my own straight white teeth and pretty pink lips.

I wasn’t Ginny Weasley.. and I had no doubt that my own father had figured out my secret. 

“Weasley, come!” 

Why is he still calling you ‘Weasley’, my mind asked as I stepped out of the bathroom, direction my eyes to him as he stared at me blankly. 

“Come,” was all he said, before beginning to walk once more, leading me into a dark room with nothing more than a few books and a desk stacked high with papers inside it.  I followed him carefully, my stomach feeling knotted as he pulled out his wand, waving it around with what I assumed to be a silent spell.

“What do you think you’re doing, Lily?  Are you trying to get yourself killed, you stupid girl?”

I blinked, my mind going blank.

“What are you talking about?”

“Do you not remember just earlier this morning, Miss Deacon?  You were tortured, you imbecile, what do you think I mean?  This school is not safe for anyone, and most certainly not anyone short of pure bloods!”

“What?”

My mind raced, trying to figure out what he was talking about.  I was tortured? By who? Where and why? I know I looked stupid, but my mind was still trying to grasp the fact that Snape knew who he was and wasn’t giving me off to Voldemort, he wasn’t torturing me and he sure as hell didn’t sound like he wanted me dead.  It sounded like.. he was trying to protect me.

“Professor Carrow will only get worse, especially as you’re masquerading around as some Weasley twit, they’re known as blood traitors, being in his class will not suit you well, and will only end in probable death.  You will go back to the Weasley home immediately, I will make sure you get there safely, and you will not come back to Hogwarts until this mess is sorted out.  Is that understood?”

My first reaction was just to agree with him, I wanted nothing more than to go home, back to Fred, back to George and Mrs. Weasley’s amazing cooking.. but I couldn’t.  I had to be here.

“No.”

“I am your father, you will obey me,” Snape kept talking, not paying any attention to what I wanted, which just honestly made me angry, beyond angry.

“You are a murderer and I won’t do a damn thing you say!” I gasped, slapping my hand over my mouth as I shook my head, my eyes tearing up as I immediately regretting my words.  I shouldn’t have said something like that, regardless of what he’d done, he still adopted me, he still was my father, no matter what.. I still loved him. 

“What I’ve done and what I do with my life is none of my concern, but you are my daughter and what you do and whether or not you even live until Winter holidays is my concern.”  My Father stood tall, his stature as intimidating as it ever was, but I stood my ground as well as I could.

I would not be going home.

“You are my father! Of course it’s my concern!” I yelled, my earlier emotions gone, with anger being all that was left.  “You are my father and I love you, even if you’ve done questionable things in your life, I want to be able to trust you, I want to believe that you had a good reason for everything, I just.. I want everything to be okay for you..”

My chest heaved with each deep breath I took as I tried to control my emotions, but all too soon tears were trailing down my face and my chin was trembling as flashes of what could happen to me.. to him, to everyone passed across my eyes. 

Him being struck down by someone I even considered a family, Harry could kill him, Hermione or Fred, or Voldemort could do it, another Death Eater.  Friends getting killed, family, Fred, Father.. scenario after scenario went through my head, they could all be killed, just like Mad Eye or Dumbledore. 

I didn’t want that to happen, I couldn’t let that happen and I knew that I’d do anything to make sure it never did.  That’s why I had to be here, that is why I couldn’t leave no matter how at risk that put me.  I had to make sure he was okay, that he lived.  I’d do anything..

His arms wrapped around me, comforting me and leaving me feeling beyond safe, safer than I’d felt in such a long time.  I knew that that was what having a father should feel like, not the constant fear I was living with over what could happen to him. 

“I love you, Lily.” 

“I love you too.. please stay safe.”