Chapter Twenty-Seven:

Something was coming, I could feel it in the air, no matter where I went.  It wasn't someone, just something.  It was something big, and I had a feeling that that something...was war. Fred and George had been gone for three days, making preparations with everyone who they were in touch with, everyone could feel what was coming.  

Mr and Mrs Weasley sat with Ginny and I, teaching us all they knew about any spell, healing or destructive, that they thought may come in handy in the future, and near mid-april, we decided it was best to leave the Burrow.  It would be any day now that someone, anyone would break in and kill us all, and we wouldn't be waiting around to figure out who would do it, who would die or when it would happen.  

I went to Bill and Fluer's cottage while Ginny, Molly and Arthur when to their aunt Muriel.  

Harry, Hermione and Ron were all there to greet me as I entered, and we asked questions of each other to make sure nobody was being Imperiused.  The first couple of days, we sat around, talking and planning.  They told me all that had happened with them, and I gave them the same in return, telling them of the engagement, of my stupidity and capture, torture, escape and lastly about George nearly being killed.  

"Oh and then George almost got murdered," I mentioned, keeping a straight face and I was rather proud of myself.

"What?!" Ron yelled, standing up in alarm as if he were ready to run after and save George if needed.  

"Oh not like that, he at what I thought was the last slice of their birthday cake and I almost killed him over it.  In the end, he saved himself.  The cake was delicious by the way, you guys really missed out," I grinned, happy to have lightened the mood as Harry and Hermione sniggered and Ron sat down, smiling and slightly embarrassed it seemed.

It was there, at Shell Cottage, that I really began training, knowing I would take part in a war.  I needed to be in shape, I needed to know any spell I could find, and be running fit.  I needed to know all I could about healing in case someone needed my help.  

I was confident in myself.  

I'd studied and I'd exercised, studied and exercised all that I could.  

Harry, in that time, had become a Godfather to none other than Remus Lupin's son, Teddy Lupin.  Remus seemed exhausted when he'd come in to the room, barely looking at anyone but Harry.  He did manage a small smile towards me on his way back out of the door, and I waved goodbye as he left.  

Mostly the Golden Trio and I did our own thing.  They had their mission, killing the Dark Lord's horcruxes, and I studied, making sure I was perfectly ready for when the time came that I would put my newest skills to use.  

Harry, Ron and Hermione had figured out where one of the last horcruxes were, and I sometimes could hear them speaking about it, where it was and how to get it.  They planned to break into Gringotts, which in itself was almost impossible, then they'd have to find a way to get "Helga Hufflepuff's Cup" (as they called it) and break it with Gryffindor's Sword, then once they'd broken the Horcrux, they'd give the sword to Griphook, the ugly little thing that I'd also seen in the dungeons with Luna.  Griphook had promised to help them break into the bank in return for the sword... I couldn't believe they'd agreed, but didn't disturb them.  

It wasn't my place.  I wasn't meant to be with them anymore, I could feel it.  I had my own purpose in this war that was to happen, I just wasn't sure what it was at the time.

---

"Avis."  A flock of birds surrounded my head, twirling about me almost lazily.  "Oppugno."  With a swish of my wand, the birds immedately flew into an uproar and began attacking a tree next to me.   "Confringo."  The shrub that I'd pointed my wand at began to smoke slightly, but as it was supposed to burst into flame, I didn't imagine I was doing the spell right.