Chapter Fourteen:

Chapter Fourteen:

"Mrs. Weasley didn't want Ginny to come back to school, not with Snape as Headmaster and all of the Death Eaters running around posing as teachers. I couldn't come back to school, Voldemort wants me, for what I'm not sure, but he does. I figured, since Molly didn't want Ginny here, and I couldn't be here but wanted to be, this was the easiest way. So I've been drinking Polyjuice potion.."

Professor McGonagall nodded, staring at me with a look I couldn't quite place but almost seemed like admiration. Why she was looking at me that way, I couldn't be sure, but the fact that I hadn't already expelled had to be good, right?

"How much trouble am I going to be in for this?" I questioned, worry knawing me from the inside out. I couldn't afford to be expelled, I had to do this for the Weasley's and myself. I had to know what was happening, I had to keep helping out during the DA meetings.. if I was even still allowed there and everyone didn't already know my secret by the time I got out of the Headmaster's office.

"None at all, Miss Deacon."

My eyes widened as I stared at McGonagall, wondering if she was serious or not. I'd snuck into Hogwarts, pretended to be someone else, how could I not be in any trouble for that?

"Uh.. okay?"

"I do, however, suggest you drink more polyjuice potion and keep better track of the time. Was that all, Lillith?"

Blinking slowly as I tried to process exactly what was happening, I nodded, even though I'd wanted to warn my father about Neville most likely having figured out my very large, dark secret. Hopefully, I could talk to him before he told anyone, and perhaps he'd understand.

I could only hope he would.

*_*_*_*

The school corridors seemed to echo eerily as I moved slowly from the Headmaster's room towards the Gryffindor Common Room. I wanted to move faster, to get out of the creepy, darkened hallways but I was more scared of what Neville would say, or has already said, or what he would do than I was of where I was walking.

Sighing, I stared at a painting of an older gentleman sleeping while sitting on a rock, he looked to be in clothing from the early 1800's, snoring quite loudly for just a painting. In the background was a small lion cup moving around behind him, it walked around him a few times before jumping into his lap.

The man jumped awake, looking at me momentarily as if he thought I'd been the one rude enough to awaken him before looking towards the baby lion atop him. He smiled sleepily, patting the large cat for a few moments before quickly falling back asleep.

I bit my lip to keep myself from giving out a loud 'aww' and then continued on my way until I made it to the Gryffindor portrait. Muttering the password, I stepped away as the Fat Lady portrait swung open and I was able to make myself in to the low lit, warm Common Room.

Nobody seemed to be awake, it was extremely quiet, the only lighting in the room being the fireplace and the only sound coming from the crackling flames.

"You're Lily, aren't you? Not Ginny at all."

I gasped, jumping as I turned away from the fire to look in the direction Neville's familiar voice came from. Locating his shadowed body, I moved towards him.

"Don't say that so loudly please! ....But yes. It's me, Lily"

'Where's Ginny? What happened to her?" His voice was hard but with a very definable note of anxiety intergrated with it.

"She's fine. Her mum didn't want her to come, and I took her place. That's all, I promise."

Neville stepped out of the shadows, his eyes boring into mine as if trying to find something inside of my eyes to tell him whether what I said was truth or blatant lie. Evidently, he beleived what I said as he nodded and moved closer, wrapping his arms around me.

"I was worried about you too, not coming back this year. I'm glad both you and Ginny are okay. Have you heard anything from Harry?"

I shook my head, leaning against him and just took that moment to be able to be weak and to let myself have a moment, just one moment, where I didn't have to be strong and I could lean against someone else.

"They'll need help.. eventually, you know? I talked to Luna about it earlier.. and I think we should try to get Gryffindor's Sword. Harry told me that it's a sure way to break a Horcrux, and I know Harry doesn't have it. It's got to be in Snape's office."

Eyes wide, I stared up at him as a smile graced my face, my entire body already throbbing with energy at the prospect of being able to do something in order to help my god-brother and my friends.

"Neville, you're a genius! Lets do it!"

"What, now?" His eyes darted around as he licked his lips nervously. Nodding, I tugged on his hand.

"Yes, Snape is gone, McGonagall was there in his stead earlier. It'll be the perfect time!"

Neville stopped, glancing through the window at the moon that hung high into the night sky. "What about Luna, she'll be asleep by now."

"Use the coin, it'll heat up and nobody else will know what it means except her since you just talked about it. She'll come, I promise. Now c'mon!"

=======

BAM! Next chapter out in just a few days!! I hope you guys like it.

The next chapter is taking a while to write (as of June 15, I haven't even started soo I'm sorry >.<) and I've just been super stressed and dealing with a new job and my son and depression and just ugh. But I'm going to start writing today an hope to have the next chapter out in a week or so maybe since it'll all be on my phone >.<

Vote and comment, tell me what you think

Peace and Love,

iJay!