Chapter Eighteen:

Chapter Eighteen: 

They weren't back by Christmas.  The day came and went with all the Weasley's besides the Twins and Ron gathered around in the living room, opening presents and fighting with themselves to not worry.  

I got the customary Weasley sweatshirt, and instead of just my initial 'L' on it, it had a large heart directly in the middle, with the letters 'L & F'.  For the first time in five days, I smiled and held it tightly to my chest.  "Thank you, I love it Mrs. Weasley."  

Fleur, Bill's wife, grinned happily as she handed out the presents she and Bill had gotten for everyone.  Mine was a gorgeous bracelet, which glinted brightly in the sunlight.  It was gorgeous.  

By the end of the morning, the only presents left were for the Golden Trio and the twins.  Seeing them just lying there only served to depress me even more.  I sighed, helping to clean up before gathering my newly acquired presents and taking them to Fred's room as I laid down in his bed, clutching his pillow and breathing in the barely lingering scent of him.  

Two more days came and went before any news came of Fred or George, and the news came in the form of George.  "Sorry, I'm late, Fred's late, good cause of course.  Lee needed his help, he'll be back in a few days and in the meantime you're all stuck with me...oh look, presents!" George grinned, clapping me on the back roughly before running towards the Christmas tree.  

Eyes filling with tears, I turned away and clenched my fists as anger seemed to overcome me.  I knew I shouldn't be upset, he was simply helping his friend, but I couldn't help it. I'd been so worried and he hadn't even cared enough to send an owl, he missed Christmas and he probably wouldn't be back until after I was already back at Hogwarts!  

A vase to my right exploded, shooting glass everywhere and I barely flinched as one slammed into my cheek.  Jerking away, I ran to the room as I felt the blood drip down my face and onto the floor.  Grunting, I slammed the door to the Twin's room before crashing to the ground and crying.  

I could hear others mumbles as they spoke about the broken glass and my outburst downstairs, and I heard as Ginny mentioned the blood on the floor.  It was quiet for only a second before a few pairs of footsteps could be heard coming up the staircase.  

As the door was pushed open roughly, I felt like if I tried hard enough I could bury myself into the floor beneath me.  I would have if I could.have, but instead I just stayed there, face buried into the carpet as my cheek bled onto it, and the others crowded around me. 

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, my eyes stinging with tears as I was flooded with embarrassment and another round of anger. 

"It's all right dear, now sit up, let me see your face, you're bleeding!"   

I bit my lip as I  sat up, ignoring George's worried gaze as he stared at me, his hand surrounding mine.  I hadn't even noticed him grabbing it but I didn't bother trying to pull away, I knew it would only hurt him and he wouldn't let go no matter how hard I pulled anyways.  

"What happened?" Mr. Weasley asked as Mrs. Weasley cleaned up the gash on my face.  

"I got angry.  I don't know, and then the vase just exploded.  I'm sorry." I shrugged softly and looked to the floor as a painful pressure seemed to compress my wound.  I could no longer feel blood running down my face and neck, and as I raised my hand up to touch my face, I realized it had been healed.  

"The scar will still be there, I'm not so good with healing spells, but it'll do, it isn't too noticeable," Mrs. Weasley smiled as she stood up off the floor and George followed her lead, pulling me up as well by the hand he had a hold of.  

I sighed as all the other Weasley's left except George, who then pulled me over to his own bed, making me sit down next to him.

"Were you mad about Fred not coming home?"  

I nodded, feeling ashamed for being angry about Fred being a good friend.  I forced a smile and shrugged, trying to show that I was fine now, it was only a momentary lapse in emotional control.  Sighing, George pulled me to his chest and kissed the top of my head.  

"I'm sorry, he'll be back before you know it and I'm sure he'll bring you a present or something to make you forget about it completely and to make up for it." He made no move to let go, and I made no move to pull away from him.  Eventually, I managed to fall back asleep.  

---

December thirtieth, two days before I was supposed to go back to Hogwarts, Fred finally returned.  True to George's guess, he had brought presents, but that wasn't what I was interested in as I tackled him to the ground, smothering him as I kissed him repeatedly, cheeks, mouth, forehead, nothing was safe from my lips.  

"I missed you!" I murmured in his ear before slapping his chest and sitting up, folding my arms across my own chest.  "I'm also angry with you.  I was worried, and scared and ooh, what's that?"  

Something in one of the boxes he had had in his hand was moving around.  

"That is your "I'm sorry I'm late" present.  Then there is this," he said, handing me another present which wasn't moving but wrapped messily with dancing elves on the paper.  "That is your Christmas present."  

Narrowing my eyes, I grabbed both presents and moved into the living room where everyone else was before setting myself down on the floor.  "Fred got me presents, and I think one is alive."  I yawned as I opened my Christmas present, smiling softly at all the assorted candy and one medium sized stuffed bear.  There was also a second, smaller box inside of the original larger one, and I opened it.  I stared at the even smaller box that was inside of that one.  

The box was small, and black velvet.  My eyes widened as I stared at it, and my heart beat fiercely in my chest.  Was it...?  

I moved my hand to open it, but my chest crashed as I realized it was empty.  I turned to look at Fred where he had been standing only moments before, before realizing that he was now next to me, on one knee with the ring that should have been in the box, in his hand.  

"Lillith Snape, will you marry me?"  

 Mr and Mrs. Weasley gasped loudly while Bill and Charlie cheered and even George looked completely shocked.  I could tell that he hadn't told anyone that he planned to ask that question. I could feel that my mouth was gaping wide open, but the rest of me seemed to have gone completely numb and my fingers clenched around the little teddy bear that I'd had in my lap.  

"Me?" I finally managed to ask, as I made sure this wasn't some joke or prank like I was used to when it came to him.  

He nodded, his eyes looking hopefully and a beautiful smile adorned his face. "You," he stated.  

"I..I.. Yes!" 

----

[[A/N: WHAT WHAT I BET NOBODY EXPECTED THAT!  I didn't even expect that!  It came as a complete surprise to me as I was writing it!  But apparently Fred really wanted to propose to Lily.  Oh god I'm so excited now.  BAM!  Hope you guys love this chapter as much as I do!  Leave me some comments!!!