Chapter Eight:

Chapter Eight: 

The screams echoed in my head days after the Dark Arts class was finished for the day. Professor Carrow was relentless and made us practice the Unforgivable Curses on our classmates, our friends and in one case, our family.  

Two twin Slytherin girls who were in that class paid perfect attention, they didn't speak unless spoken to by the Professor, but still he made them practice on each other.  Well, the two curses we could practice without killing people, and for that one we couldn't practice with without killing someone, he made us get out pets. 

Our cats, toads or owls.  

He made the class kill the pets they'd grown up with for the last five years or more even.  Luckily, I wasn't sent with any animals, so I'd gotten some random rat.  For every time someone couldn't or wouldn't perform the Killing Curse, he'd hit them or if they really refused, he'd get out a whip, something I'd found out he was quite fond of in the hour and a half we had in his classroom. 

I'd been whipped once, and hit more than five times for not being able to do the curse correctly, and when I'd finally killed the poor animal, I sat in my seat and I cried hot, salty tears.  

His words resounded in our heads.. 

"Tell anyone, and I'll be using that curse on you."  I knew nobody would ever say anything to another teacher about his class.

By the end of that class, my lip bled, my cheek hurt and I'd been whipped on my back, so needless to say it hurt and I was sure that it was still bleeding, though you couldn't see it through the black of the school robe.  

"Weasley!"  

I kept moving a few extra steps before I mentally facepalmed.  The person was talking to me, as I was the only 'Weasley' in this school anymore.  

I turned, seeing Zabini moving towards me, a hard look on his face that faltered as I looked at him, my busted lip and bruised face on full display.  My heart beat faster as I realized that if he kept asking questions, I'd be found out, and I quickly moved to take off running through the quickly emptying halls.  

By the time I'd made it to a completely empty hall, he was gaining on me awfully quickly and he seemed determined to catch me.  

If he caught me and figured my true identity out, then I'd have to leave Hog--

A body slammed into mine, breaking my thought as we both fell to the ground.  Looking up, I realized it'd been the boy who was chasing me, though that was no surprise.  Now what would happen?  He breathed heavily, his chocolatey brown eyes hard as he stared down at me, his hands holding my own as he flipped me onto my back and straddled my hips, effectively holding me in place.  

"Who are you and where is the real Ginny? And don't you dare lie to me, or I swear to Merlin I'll kill you right here, right now!" 

I grunted as his hold on me tightened as I strugged, holding my lips closed as my eyes darted around for an escape route. 

"I'm Ginny!  I am, please!"  

"What's my name?"  

"I don't know, okay? I've forgotten, you idiot!  I was obliviated by Death Eaters!"  

The lie flowed from my lips and it sounded weak even to my ears but his eyes seemed to soften and he released me before rolling off to the side and helping me stand back up.  His eyes moved over my body, as if checking for more injuries than those to my face.  Once he seemed satisified, he apologized, very profusely, over and over. 

"It's fine, quit apologizing!" I snapped, slapping his hand away as he made a move to touch my face.  It wasn't that I was trying to be mean, but my head was pounding from my latest Dark Magic class, where we'd all been made to hurt and kill small, stray puppies that the professor had managed to catch, and I'd went through 20 licks with the whip and being slapped and punched numerous times before finally succumbing and doing as I'd been told.  

I didn't and couldn't be touched right now, I hurt way too badly.  

"I've got to go to my next class.  Bye, Zabini." I ran off, just needing to get away from him before he realized I'd been lying.  I felt guilty for doing it even, but I knew I had to.  The Weasley's and the Order of the Phoenix needed someone on the inside to tell them what was happening here, and to make sure that the Weasley's weren't under suspect for not having their kids in school.  

While Ron was safe because he'd come up with some ghoul that lived in his attic that he gave spattergroit, so he couldn't attend Hogwarts while he had such a disease.  The other Weasley's were all too old to be in school except for Ginny, and if she hadn't of come, then peole would start to doubt the Weasley's and the could have gotten into serious trouble.

I couldn't let that happen, and I couldn't sit around and do nothing while everyone around me went on quests or somesuch to help save the world from the rule of Voldemort.

I was not useless and I would not act as such.  

I ran straight to the Gryffindor portrait, muttering the password ('alea iacta es' which was apparently latin for 'The die is cast' according to the prefect who had told me the password) before heading up to my room.  

Sighing, I laid carefully down on the bed, being super careful with my many injuries and fell into a nightmare-infused sleep.

[[A/N: This chapter is a tiny bit shorter than usual but not by more than a paragraph or so.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Vote and comment if you did!  Peace and Love, iJay]]