Chapter Twenty-Eight:

It was the middle of the night when Fred Weasley shook me awake.  Movement could be heard all over the small cottage as people seemed to trash the place.  I sat up in alarm, thinking that we had been found by the Death Eaters but Fred didn't seem to have a problem making any noise as he spoke loudly and quickly to me.  

"We're leaving, to Hogwarts.  It's begun."  Fred's usual smirk or smile was nowhere in sight, his usually happily twinkling eyes nowhere to be found, the smile had been replaced by a frown and his eyes were cold and very serious.  "We're leaving, get up."  

I didn't wait for him to say another word as I jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes, not caring about my half-nudity in front of him.  I grabbed my wand and shoved my feet into my shoes, not bothering with socks and chased Fred out of the house. 

Outside was quite unlike the home we'd just left, inside it was loud as everyone got ready for the battle that was undoubtely happening tonight, but outside it was just quiet, peaceful even.  The crickets still chirped into the night, owls hooted amongst the trees, seemingly talking to each other.  The other Weasley's (Molly, Arthur, Ginny, and Charlie) arrived only a moment later, having apparated only a few yards away.  Fluer and Bill came out not long after, and once we'd gathered in a large circle, Mr. Weasley pulled out his billfold.  

"We'll be taking this portkey to Hogsmeade, in to the Hog's Head, where Aberforth Dumbledore has agreed to lead people through a passageway and into Hogwarts.  Should be up and running in under a minute.  Everyone grab hold of the wallet, and do not let go," Mr Weasley warned seriously, as we all pressed pieces of skin to the newly made portkey.  

When it began, I knew immediately, it felt as if I'd been picked up by a hook just behind my naval and swung around.  I felt nauseous, and when it ended, I was sprawled on the ground feeling quite green.  Ginny didn't look too well either, nor did Molly, but everyone else seemed relatively all right.  With Fred's help, I managed to stand up and stay that way despite my dangerous swaying and looked around at the musty old tavern we seemed to have appeared in.  

'The Hog's Head' a sign above the bar told me where we were, and I looked at the other several people here besides those I'd shown up with.  One old man was muttering about how his pub had turned into a travelling station, but even his eyes seemed to shine with hope at how many people were crossing into his door just to get to Hogwarts and fight the battle against the Dark Lord.  

"Ginny, now, you stay here, you're too young, it's too dangerous.  We'll be back shortly dear," Without another word, Mrs Weasley left Ginny to sit at a table and turned to Arthur and they walked through the doorway to the passage that undoubtedly led to Hogwarts.  Of course, Ginny didn't listen and nobody stopped her as she immediately got back up and followed her parents.  Fred and George went next, and then it was my turn.  I was quickly followed by Bill, Charlie, Fluer, and everyone else. 

"Harry!" I tackled him as if I'd not seen him in years, though it had honestly only been a few hours since he'd left to break into Gringotts, and he patted my back awkwardly as everyone else stared at us.  "I feel like we're reunited lovers or something.... awkward," I muttered, simply to make him feel even more ill at ease than he already was.  

Grinning, I backed into Fred, and sighed as his arms automatically wrapped around my waist.  Arthur and Molly were arguing with Ginny about going back to Shell Cottage, or at least to the Hog's Head, before the Twins joined in to defend her right to be here. Finally after a few more moments, they agreed Ginny could stay in the room we were in but told her she wasn't to join the fight.  She rolled her eyes as soon as they'd turned their backs. She'd be sneaking off as soon as they were gone, and nobody was going to stop her because this was her world too.