Chapter Twenty:

Chapter Twenty: 

When I went back to Kings Cross, it was just the twins and I at the station.  I'd had to take off my ring and it now sat on a chain around my neck, hidden beneath my clothes.  I was back to looking like Ginny, which meant I couldn't get a goodbye kiss from Fred, not only because people would see but also because "that'd be bloody weird" as Fred put it after he demanded a kiss before I took my Polyjuice Potion. 

The clock chimed and I quickly hugged both twins around the neck, telling them that I loved them before grabbing Merlin's pet carrier and my case, and getting onto the train.  I found a compartment with just one empty space, and I set my things inside of it before rushing back to the windows to wave to the two red-headed men.

As I went back into my chosen compartment, I ignored the three Ravenclaws who seemed to turn up their nose at me as I sat down, petting Merlin through her cage.  

I'd gotten bored after a while, the cat had long since fallen asleep and I was left to my own devices, which basically meant that I sat in my seat and stared up at the ceiling until it was time to get changed into my school robes and exit the train.  With my head hanging down, I stared at the ground as I left my things in the compartment, knowing that the house-elves of Hogwarts would come and get them, then take them to my room.

I smiled slightly as I saw my father standing in the halls, speaking to a Slytherin about something or other, I turned away as he seemed to feel my glance and made my way to the Great Hall for the back to school feast.  Even though I desperately wanted to miss it, I needed to be there in hopes that I'd manage to see Luna sitting at the Ravenclaw table as I usually did.

No such luck, I realized as I looked up and down that table, and I sighed and lay my head upon my arms. My chest ached with worry for her, and I realized that her and Neville had quickly become some of my best friends over the last couple of months.  My only friends in this school, really. 

As the feast ended, I was one of the first out of the Great Hall and I ran all the way to the portrait of the Fat Lady before realizing that the old password wouldn't work and I'd have to wait until someone came along who did know it.  I didn't have to wait too long thankfully, the group of Gryffindor's were only a couple minutes behind me and as Head Boy told everyone the new password, I stored it away in my memory and tried my hardest not to forget it. 

I stepped through the portrait and made it to my room as quickly as possible, realizing that still had my own room. I'd been half afraid that something would have happened and someone would have noticed the mistake made, and I'd be given a roommate.  Thank Merlin that didn't happen.  

Plopping down upon the bed, I immediately grabbed for Merlin and pulled her out of that horrid cage, placing her down on my chest and petting her.  

"I miss him already, Mer.  It's ridiculous."  

The cat seemed to perk up as I spoke to her before immediately jumping off my chest and laying down on the pillow next to my head.  She licked my cheek, her rough tongue almost tickling me before placing her nose against my eye.  

I began to scold her for hurting me, as it had made my eyes water and burn, but I was suddenly thrust into some sort of scene where I watched Fred and I play fighting and flirting.  I knew immediately that it was a memory and I felt a warm comfort surround me just from Fred's presence.  This was the day after Fred had come back, and next to me stood Merlin though she was also part of the memory.  

I suppose I'd figured out one of Merlin's magical abilities.  It was amazing.  

"Thank you, my precious baby kitty. I love you so much Merlin, thank you so much," I sighed happily as I felt much better after having seen Fred again, even if he hadn't been able to see me.  I was pulled abruptly from the memory and scrunched my face up as Merlin sneezed on me.  

"Thank you for that also," I grumbled, wiping kitty snot off my face.  

----

"Two feet of parchment on the Unforgiveable Curses and how to make use of them, due by Monday."  

I grimaced as Professor Carrow assigned our homework for The Dark Arts class but didn't speak up for fear of what would be done to me if I did. Unfortunately my feet didn't correspond well with my mind and as the rest of the class went out, I tripped over the leg of a chair, all my things falling out of my bag and spreading across the room.  

I'd have to stay behind, alone with Carrow, to pick it all up.. 

"Ah, Miss Weasley, just who I've been trying to speak to alone," his voice sent shivers up my spine and I felt nauseous as he touched my shoulder.  I ignored it and kept picking up my things, hoping to get out of the room as soon as possible.  

"My sister has been looking for you, she wants to talk to you quite badly.  As you know, she's the new Muggle Studies teacher," he sneered before continuing, "and she's wanted to speak to you about your father's research to know all that she can about... muggles. You will go see her at lunch, you haven't been eating the last few meals anyways, so I'm sure you won't mind missing just one more.  Now, off you go," He released my shoulder as I picked up my last quill and I quickly nodded before racing out of the room.  

One more class until lunch, and after that, it seemed I really didn't have a choice about seeing the second Carrow.  

Everyone knew that Death Eaters hated muggles and anyone who took a particular interest in them.  It was only Slytherin's who took the classes now, just for that free subject.  They never had to work and simply spent their class hours relaxing or catching up on lost sleep.  Everyone also knew that the Carrow's were Death Eaters.  So whatever she really wanted to see me about, it couldn't be good.  

I was scared.  Really, properly scared.

---

[[A/N: Four chapters in one day!  Dayum!  Looks like I'll be finishing this within a week at this pace!  Should I stop now or keep going?  Should I save some of the story to finish for later or just post as many chapters as possible?  You tell me what to do!  Also vote and comment!]]