Chapter Twenty-Six:

Chapter Twenty-Six: 

I splinched myself.  I'd been so overcome with fear and happiness and sadness and I was hurting, and it caused me to splinch myself.  Nothing too badly, a rather small chunk of arm honestly, and I knew it could be fixed.  Even if it couldn't be fixed, it'd hardly leave a mark, but it still caused me to burst into tears.  I had been barely hanging in to begin with, barely keeping control of my emotions, but that was the last straw.  

I cried, -loudly- as I leaned against the Weasley home, and buried my face into my hands as I released every bit of pent up emotion that I could.  I'd been going at it only a minute or so before several people were on me, arms around me, and heavy weight pressed against me.  

"Lily!  Oh Merlin, George go get your brother, Arthur help me get her inside!"  I heard Mrs. Weasley yell, as I was immediately picked up by Mr. Weasley and carried beyond the doorway of the Burrow.  The smell was so familiar, and yet at the same time the home of the Weasley's, my home as I considered it now and days, seemed so different.  So dreary.  

I couldn't stop crying.  I cried so hard I was gagging myself, choking on my own tears even, and I curled in upon myself as Molly noticed my swollen and turning-purple broken ankle.  She healed it up in nearly no-time flat before she turned to the hole in my arm, with blood gushing out of it.  With a wave of her wand, I felt it almost immediately heal itself, and the blood stopped pouring.  

"Fred, mate, you're not going to believe this, come and see."  

I held my breath, the tears still silently streaming down my face as George walked into the room practically dragging Fred behind him.  He looked different.  Less of a healthy glow about him than I was used to, more tired and thin than I'd ever seen him.. less happy.  

Guilt overwhelmed me and my choking sobs started anew, and at the sound of them, Fred jerked his head up to stare at me, then he was standing over me within seconds of seeing me.  His eyes were so disbelieving but at the same time filled with such a profound hope that I couldn't help but to grab his arm and yank him so he sat down on the floor next to the couch upon which I lay.  

My arms wrapped around him as tears soaked his skin and shirt, I fell on top of him, whispering 'I'm sorry' in his ear repeatedly as my fingers automatically tangled in his bright red hair.  Almost hesitantly his arms had wrapped around me as well as I felt him take a deep breath, his chest moving as he did so.  

"I'm so, so sorry, I'm sorry, Merlin I'm so so so so sorry, I'm sorry." I couldn't seem to make myself stop, and my tears just kept coming until my chest hurt from the force of my sobs, and my eyes burned as if someone had thrown salt straight into them.  My head pounded, from a mixture of everything I'd gone through today and the last few weeks.  

Nobody spoke, I couldn't even hear anyone in the same room as Fred and I anymore, but I didn't open my eyes to check if they were still there, I just kept crying.  Until finally, thankfully, I passed out. 

---

"Let me in!"  

"Absolutely not, she needs rest!" 

Blinking painfully -which I didn't even know was possible to be honest- I sat up as slowly as I could, and looked around the familiar room.  My eyes felt like dirt had been rubbed into them repeatedly and my bodily pain was easily that of what someone would descrie being hit by a train to feel like.  

I hurt. 

The voices I recognized as Molly and Fred's, though at first my mind told me Molly was the one not letting Fred in, it was actually the other way around.  I was confused for a few moments, wondering how I'd gotten back to what was obviously the Burrow before remembering.  I removed the covers from around my feet to check my ankle, which wasn't broken but quite sore, and checked my splinched arm.  Almost completely healed, but severely scarred.

Moving my legs so they fell off the side of the bed, I slowly pushed myself off of it until I stood beside it.  My legs shook, but I managed to grab ahold of the footboard and maneuver my way towards the door, holding on to any object I could grab hold of as I did so, just in case my knees gave out on me. 

"Fred.." I called out softly, hoping he'd hear me because my throat felt raw and I wasn't sure I could talk any louder.  The door to the room I stood in opened immediately and both Mrs. Weasley and Fred rushed in.  Fred grabbed me, supporting most of my weight as if he was ready for me to pass back out at any point, while Molly fussed over me getting out of bed.  

"Sorry.." I muttered, as Fred led me back to the bed and lay me on it.  "Is Harry here?  I need to see him, it's important.. he was there yesterday.. he saw me.. he'll go back to try and save me if I don't tell him I'm okay.." 

"He knows dear, he's with Bill and Fluer in their home, we've already sent word.  You've been in and out for over two weeks, dreadfully sick Lily. You shouldn't be moving or worrying yourself, everything is just fine," Mrs. Weasley spoke in what seemed a relatively lively voice, but her eyes betrayed her worry, so I just smiled and nodded to make things easier on her.

At least Harry knew and wouldn't die trying to save me. 

"What's the date?"  

"April first," Fred replied as he sat on the bed next to me, intertwining his fingers with my own as he did so.  I could feel sleep setting back in, my eyes slowly began to close and I squeezed Fred's hand as tight as I could.  

"Happy birthday."  

---

"There had better still be cake," I groaned as I stepped into the kitchen.  Fred stood behind me, making sure I didn't fall, and George stood up and pulled out a chair for me as I glared slightly.  I wasn't an invalid, just sore, and they knew that yet they still treated me as if I could keel over at any moment.  

"I personally saved one piece," George grinned, rushing over to the counter where that last piece of cake sat.  He sat on the opposite side of the table and sat the piece of cake in front of him before immediately stuffing it into his face. 

With my mouth wide open, I felt my irritation bubble back up.  I just wanted cake, I wanted food, I wanted to eat, I was hungry.  I was about to kill George Weasley.  His face covered in wonderful, creamy looking strawberry icing, I felt my eyelids begin to twitch.  The about-to-be-dead twin noticed this and immediately got back up, pulling another pierce of cake from inside of a cabinet where it'd obviously been hid.  

"You almost died today, George Weasley," I growled as I dug a fork into the food in front of me and stuffed my face, moaning in utter amazingly, delightful happiness.  "Good thing this cake is so good, you're forgiven now."  

Laughing, Molly walked in, and I noticed that the entire house seemed different now than that night I'd first apparated back here after my imprisonment.   It was happier again, brighter, full of laughter.  

Welcome home, Lily, I thought to myself, sighing in bliss.

[[A/N: I already have chapter 27 written, its longer than usual too!  As soon as I get 15 votes, I'll post it (I don't usually do votes like this but as next  chapter is the second to last chapter there will be... well I figure i'll make an exception).  15 votes guys, you can do it :3  Peace and love, ijay]]