Chapter Five:

Chapter Five:

It was hours after the Death Eaters had left that I finally came out.  I was terrified that it was a trap, that as soon as anyone came back to check on the tent, the Death Eaters would take them, and I didn't want that person taken to be me.  

There was nobody there, I'd heard screams from inside as the others who were captured were tortured for information, but I was too scared to help.  I hated myself for being so frozen with fear to help innocent people, but it couldn't be changed now.  I could do nothing, the others were released, the tent was burned to the ground, and nothing or nobody remained.  

I'd seen Hermione, Ron and Harry escape, but I didn't know who else.  Were Fred and George okay?  Mr and Mrs. Weasley?  Bill and Fleur? My stomach was knotted with worry as I wondered if everybody was safe and unharmed.  

My tiny lemming body exited the bushes and I looked around at the surrounding area.  The burned tent, the Burrow was not too far from me and  still in good condition. I could barely make it out, however, with my poor eyesight.  I moved closer, running towards the home and I heard voices inside, making me pause.  It was definitely Mrs. Weasley, and I believed the second voice to be Arthur.  

"Hermione, Ron and Harry are safe, Bill and Fleur went back to their cottage, the guests are shaken, but safe, Fred and George are safe and Ginny too, it's okay Molly, you can stop worrying."

I breathed a sigh of relief to know that everyone was okay, everybody was safe.  Thank Merlin.

"But what of Lily?  She's missing, Arthur!" Molly screeched, her voice making my sensitive ears ring slightly as I scurried under the bottom of the door, moving passed them.  I wanted to tell them I was safe, but before that, I needed to see Fred for myself. I had to make sure he was okay.  

I strugged with the many stairs, but thankfully they were all short enough that I could climb up them.  It took a good long while to do it, however.  Shaking my body out and fluffing my fur slightly, I moved on to the Twin's room, but they weren't there.  

Vaguely, I could hear their voices, so I followed them down the hall to my own bedroom; the door was open so I let myself in as George sat on a chair in the corner, his head in his hands. Fred paced back and forth, his eyes filled with worry and he kept staring out the window, which I knew had a direct view of the now-burned wedding tent.  

Thinking on my human self, I felt my body stretching, and in a few seconds I stood in the doorway, my usual self, no longer disguised as a Weasley cousin as far as I could tell. 

Immediately, with no words said, Fred stopped pacing and ran to stand in front of me before taking me into his arms.  It wasn't long after that George too was hugging me.  

"Mum!  Dad!" Fred screamed over my head, and before long I heard two sets of feet racing up the stairs.  Mrs. Weasley pulled me out of the Twin's arms and gave me a hug all her own, everyone still being overly careful of my injured back.  

I smiled slightly that they'd been so worried, I couldn't deny that it was nice.. it was nice to know that if I went missing, or if I died, there were people to miss me.  It was different, whereas before if I'd died.. nobody would have ever noticed.  

"I'm so glad you're safe, dear. Are you hurt at all?"

I shook my head, stepping away from her and back into Fred, needing the safe feeling I had with him.  "I'm fine, thank you."  

I was embarrassed, thinking they'd ask where I was at, and I'd have to explain that I was hiding like a scared little mouse in the bushes beside the wedding tent, but thankfully they didn't.  Mrs. Weasley called George down to help her, and they plus Mr. Weasley left. 

Just Fred and I were in the room.  

He turned me around, his long thin fingers on my shoulders as he looked me over from head to toe before grinning.  "I'm glad you're okay little Lily-kins.  We were worried."  

My expression turned to one of guilt as I apologized before smiling and pulling him to the bed and making him lay down with me.  My body was exhausted, my eyes were drooping, and even though I should still have been terrified about what would happen now that the Ministry had fallen, my mind simply wouldn't let me.  I needed sleep, sleep that I hadn't been getting much of since Dumbledore died.  

*_*_*

"What do you mean, I can't go back to school?  I need to, mum!" I heard Ginny screeching just a couple days later.  My eyes burned from lack of sleep as I looked up from the breakfast table and stared at Mrs. Weasley and her daughter as they argued.  

"It's too dangerous, Ginny.  Death Eaters have practically overrun Hogwarts.  Snape is the headmaster, the Carrows, who are notable Death Eaters are professors. I'm sorry Ginny, but you're not going to Hogwarts this year."  

Ginny slammed her hand down on the table, her face contorted with anger as she stood up, her chair falling backwards before stomping off to her room, her long red hair flowing behind her as her pajama pants dragged on the floor.

Mrs. Weasley sighed as she shook her head before picking up Ginny's plate and moving it to the sink.  Usually she'd use magic, but not this morning, something seemed to be dominating her mind.  I continued eating in silence, trying not to pry into other people's matters before putting my own plate in the sink and heading back to my room where Fred would still be snoring, off in his own little world.  

I snuck into the bathroom, having a nice little idea to lighten the spirits of everyone around here as I grabbed Ginny's eyeliner before going to my room.  Fred was snoring, just like I knew he would be, and I popped the cap on the makeup and took it to his face, holding back my giggles as I drew drew a little moustache and goatee on him, giving him a unibrow and even sideburns before putting the eyeliner back where I got it, and going to hang with Ginny until he woke up.

"What's so funny?" Fred asked, nearly an hour later as he came looking for me in Ginny's room.  She was giggling loudly as I fought to maintain a straight face, the eyeliner had smeared as he'd moved around, one of his sideburns faded and more on his cheek, giving him a blackish looking fake bruise.  

"N-Nothing," Ginny laughed, turning away from her older brother just as George came in behind him.

The second twin blinked, before licking his thump and wiping it over Fred's cheek, pretending to clean something off of it.  "You had just a bit of something there.  No worries, it's  gone now Freddie." 

I silently thanked George for covering for us, though Fred's unknowingness of the joke played on him didn't last long, as he soon had to use the loo.  When he exited, his face was clean and a twinkle that had been missing for the last few days was finally back in his eye.  

"Ha ha ha.  Very funny, you guys." 

Regardless of his sarcasm, Ginny and George both seemed to think it was hilarious as George chuckled and Ginny burst into laughter, her previous bad mood from not being able to go back to Hogwarts disappating.  

As I thought about the fact that Ginny couldn't go back to school.. I got an even better idea, one that never crossed my mind or would cross anyone elses, I was sure.  I stood up and ran out of the room, ignoring the others as they called out for me, asking what I was doing. I banged loudly on Mr and Mrs. Weasley's own room door before they called for me to enter, and I did so, breathless and excited.

"I want to go to Hogwarts.. as Ginny."

[[A/N: People were wanting to know what Lily would do this book, and while at first I was going to have her traveling with Harry, then I planned to have her travel with the Twins.. and finally, I decided that this would happen.  I'm not sure what I'll do exactly, but I'm working on it.  Enjoy this new chapter, and tell me what you think in a comment!  Remember to vote :) Peace and Love, iJay!]]