Coffee Shop

[Posted 1/22/21

Author's Note:

SIGH. I don't know if you all saw the Zheng Shuang scandal news.

I actually sat in our car and cried for like half an hour. Embarassing, I know. But it's true. My heart is so broken. I don't even know what to think. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt.

If you saw it, what do you think?

If you didn't see the news... DON'T READ IT... Just.... don't.... search ... her name...

It felt like our LoveO2O castle in the sky was crumbling down.

Maybe I got too emotionally invested in Zheng Shuang's version of Bei Weiwei. Maybe I need to go back and watch the movie with AngelaBaby and Jing Boran. Or just read the Gu Man "Smile is Alluring" novel again..

I almost stopped working on this fanfic, completely – so confused and don't know what to do. So discouraged.

But since we're almost at the end of this alternate universe anyway, I need to see this one to completion.

Then after that I think I need to start a new book ... a fresh start.

The next book is going to have some big Bei Weiwei/Xiao Nai relationship "energy" if that makes any sense.

Meanwhile, just two more chapters left to this LO2O fic anyway, so I should just get it done. Here's one chapter.

I'll post the next chapter in a few days.

I hope to see you over at my next book... It's going to be called The Prince and the Plant Whisperer.

]

* * * * . . . . . .
. . . * * * * . . .
. . . . . . * * * *

Their next date was at a coffee shop. Once again they met after Weiwei finished tutoring. This time, it was a Sunday afternoon.

Weiwei had been catching Xiao Nai looking at her with an oddly intense stare whenever she glanced up from her coffee mug. But otherwise she thought it was going mostly quite smoothly.

But things quickly became dramatic.

Twenty minutes after they'd arrived, three male classmates burst into the coffee shop. She had seen them around in the Computer Science department.

"Laosan!" they shouted and ran up to the sofa where Weiwei and Xiao Nai sat. "We just finished defeating the Blue-Demon Boss. Without you and without Luwei Weiwei!!"

"We're stronger than you thought, eh?" One slapped Xiao Nai on his back

Laosan? Luwei Weiwei? Were these... his teammates in Dreams of Jianghu?