Girl Talk in Weiwei's Dorm

[Posted 2/8/21]

Weiwei returned to her dorm. She logged into Dreams of Jianghu, but then shook her head and logged out. She rearranged some clothes in her dresser. She re-made her bed.

Truth be told, she was nervous.

Tian Sisi was in her corner of the room, listening to music on headphones. Xiaoling had just returned. She was getting ready to move to her parents' for the summer. Packing, slowly.

Er Xi was still out there somewhere in the world... probably working on her graduation video with her archnemesis Cao Guang.

Weiwei waited.

She already felt guilty that she hadn't told her closest friends—her roommates—about what was going on with Xiao Nai.

But the whole story was so wild. She didn't even know how to begin telling it.

If I was more of a literary or poetic soul, I could do it, she told herself. But alas, I'm a really logical, unimaginative, tech-minded person.

* * * * . . . . . .
. . . * * * * . . .
. . . . . . * * * *

When Er Xi finally swung the door open and yelled, "I'm home!" the other three girls looked up.

It was time.

So, clearing her throat, Weiwei stood up. Swung her hands a little by her sides.

"I have an announcement," she said. "Well, not an announcement. A... hmm... a personal matter to share."

"What!" Er Xi said.

"Are you pregnant!?" Xiaoling said.

"WHAT?" Weiwei yelled.

"Wait, who's the dad?" clueless Tian Sisi asked.

Xiaoling cackled, "I'm just guessing the most dramatic thing, so that whatever else you say won't be wild by comparison."

"No, no," said Weiwei.

A more perceptive Er Xi said, "Wait a minute... you said a while back that someone you met in the online game who goes to our school...." She thoughtfully gazed about the room, and then said, "That's it! Is this your enemy? Did you find him? Or her? Did you resolve it?"

Weiwei took a seat again, at the shared desk in the center of their room. This was really too much. Furrowing her brows at the awkwardness of the situation, she said, "Ok, guys..."

".... Um, you know Senior Xiao Nai?"

"YES!!" The other girls said emphatically.

"Ok, so..." Weiwei cleared her throat again... "It began one moonlit night, when I had to use the bathroom..."

"GET TO THE POINT!" all three girls shouted in unison. They looked at each other.

Senior Xiao Nai's part of this story? What in heavens could it be?

"OK, ok," said Weiwei apologetically. "The point is—"

...

"—I'm dating Xiao Nai."

...

The three girls' mouths opened in shock.

Xiaoling, was holding a packet of instant ramen in her hands, and it slowly fell to the table.

Their gazes were frozen on Weiwei. It was like time stopped. The universe stopped. Everything stopped, to try to process Weiwei's words.

...