Taxi Home and Date Plans

[A/N: Okey, there's a soundtrack for this chapter! See the Youtube video ☝️

It's kinda gonna be our little inside-joke, because the singer is Ma Tianyu. And I guess there's this whole other alternate universe of people who ship Ma Tianyu + Zheng Shuang...

Huhhh???

.... Wha-a-a-a-at???

I mean, how can you not be for YangYang/ZhengShuang, right?

🤣

Anyways... We're not going for plot in this chapter. We're going for a mood. Muuuude. ok? ok. Lesssss gooooo....  thx for reading, y'all]

* * * *

* * * *

* * * *

The taxi ride home felt long

The taxi ride home felt long. Weiwei was still a bit agitated.

She didn't have a phone, but she did have a small little MP3 player and a pair of earbuds crumpled up in her pocket.

To soothe her nerves, she took them out, and put on a Ma Tianyu song. Long ago, in high school, she'd had a tiny, tiny crush on that C-pop singer. Crush wasn't even the right word. It's just... when she wondered if she'd ever meet even just one guy she liked, she used to listen to Ma Tianyu, and think maybe there was someone out there for her.

But even Ma Tianyu never reached idol status in her young, silly high-school mind.

The first "idol" she'd really had was in college. A certain guzheng player dressed in white...

And now it was causing all kinds of complications in her life. Now that he became real.

Listening to Ma Tianyu's voice, and watching the city flow by in the night, Bei Weiwei willed her heart to beat more slowly

From her seat, in the darkness of the taxi, Bei Weiwei stared outside. Within the brightly lit stores, the silhouettes of tired shopkeepers were visible. Putting chairs on tables. Mopping floors. Scrubbing down windows.