Xiao Nai's reply is received

With these thoughts brewing in her head, Weiwei rang the doorbell to her pupil's house. The door opened. Her little student peeked his head out from behind a door. And then another, much taller person stepped forward. Her eyes adjusted from the outdoor sun.

Cao Guang!

Weiwei couldn't hide her surprise.

Xiaoyang said, "Your friend's my English tutor now, Weiwei!"

Cao Guang turned toward their mutual charge and said, "Now that your next caregiver is here, I'll get going." With a small smile, he waved and left.

After the door shut behind them, Weiwei turned to Xiaoyang. She nearly shouted, "Cao Guang is not my friend, OK? I can't even say that he has good character."

"But teacher, he really is a great guy!" said Xiao Yang. " My English grades are so good now because of him. And he brings food for mommy and me when she's working late. He makes stew in a pressure cooker in his dorm room, because he knows mommy feels sad when she's late at work and can't cook for me."

Had Weiwei heard right? Cao Guang? The same guy who slandered her?

Xiao Yang returned her stare like a wise old man, equally convinced that his advice was high quality and indignant that it was falling on deaf ears.

"Also, you know what? He likes you!"

Weiwei sighed. Xiao Yang was too young to be matchmaker. "Did this new English tutor of yours ask you to say that?" she frowned.

"No!" Xiao Yang said. "He just told me he did something mean to you before. But he feels really, really, really bad. And he'll always just be your friend from now on."

Weiwei sighed.

She said, "All this doesn't matter. What's important is your math homework."

As if on cue, Xiao Yang announced that he had to go to the bathroom. Oh, and that he was thirsty. And a bit hungry too. Maybe just some fruits from the fridge. Oh, did she want to try a bowl of Caoguang's hotpot?

What a kid! He never failed to find an excuse to procrastinate before lessons.

While Xiao Yang was out of the room, Weiwei checked her messages.

A reply from Xiao Nai.

From Xiao Nai!

Right there, at the dining room table, Weiwei died. Then she resurrected herself with just enough health points to actually read his message, through one open eye.

It read:

_________________________________________________

"The truth is, we're a couple. We have always been a couple and meeting in real life doesn't change that. So you'll have to deal with the campus reaction sooner or later. We'll face it together, my dear wife."

_________________________________________________

My dear wife.

Weiwei died once again. She was slain by those two words. No more resurrection potions left.

When little Xiao Yang returned from the bathroom, he found his tutor pursing her lips, looking very disturbed.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

As the kid quietly struggled through his math questions, Weiwei thought about her own problems.

It seemed like a certain CEO was determined to have his relationship with Weiwei publicly listed on stock exchanges worldwide. IPO scheduled for this week.

Sigh.

She needed a good counterattack. She wondered if she could borrow some books on Game Theory. But then she felt disheartened. Any good Game Theory book in the library would be a book Dashen had already read.

She only had one idea, and it wasn't a good idea. In fact, it was a terrible idea. The kind of thing kids in elementary school would do. She could try avoiding Xiao Nai. Just for a day or two. Just until she figured out a better idea. Neither accept nor reject. The third option: deflect.