Two Dreams

(note: ok ok i know... dreams are kinda cop-outs... but please be patient, i couldn't resist doing their dreams just a little bit ahhaha)

__________

After that very long day, Weiwei fell asleep and found herself in the middle of a nightmarish dream world.

She was running away from Xiao Nai in the computer science department. The building's maze of hallways morphed into a video game. It was sort of a version of Pacman.

Weiwei and Xiao Nai kept leveling up, back and forth.

First, she outsmarted him by memorizing the fire escape plans to know where all the alternate exits were.

But then he started cutting off her escape paths. He did this by tracking her down in hallways that had no alternate exits.

When she found herself in a dead end and Xiao Nai approaching, she figured out that she could duck into a women's bathroom and wait him out. If he lingered outside the women's room for more than 30 seconds, he'd look like some kind of pervert.

But then he figured out his counterattack: He could wait outside and bide his time. Meanwhile he looked completely un-perverted by agreeing to take selfies with fans who gathered around him.

Waiting out the situation inside the bathroom, Weiwei thought of a response: When Xiao Nai's fangirls became crowded enough around him, she could use the crowd as a human shield. By doing this, she managed to slip out of the bathroom and squeeze past the periphery of the mob.

As she was running away, she glanced upward at Xiao Nai's "game" stats and her own. They were both Level 99. She hurried down the hallway and turned a corner.... only to bump into Xiao Nai himself.

He'd managed to jump through walls to reach her?!

He took her face in his hands. In a deadpan voice, he said, "Good game Weiwei." And then, under the LED lights of the school hallway, he bent down and kissed her. 

Into her ear, he said, "You played well

Into her ear, he said, "You played well. You don't have to worry any more." And she found herself leaning forward and falling into his arms in relief, and then feeling their bodies pressed hard against each other.

In the darkness, she woke up and sat up, breathing hard. She buried her head in her pillow and died 100 times out of embarrassment.

Tomorrow she would have to go find a brain surgeon who could remove her shameless subconscious.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

This very same night, Xiao Nai also finds himself having a dream that wakes him up in the dark. His body is quite involved in this dream.

The contents of his dream: no one will ever find out

The contents of his dream: no one will ever find out. He'll seal it up like a classified government secret....

On the other hand, he reflects:

Maybe in the future I'll tell Weiwei. Some day after we know each other ...very, very, very well.

It might be fun to see the embarrassed look on her face.