Season Finale

[Posted 2/20/21. Season finale... so I'm making it a long one for you all ❤️   ]

Weiwei tried to dress in a very boring way that morning, but Xiaoling and Er Xi and Sisi had insisted that she had to look presentable.

"You're going to be immortalized in a million photos today!" Er Xi protested.

"—that is, if you're telling the truth," grumbled Xiaoling. She still had her doubts. After all, she'd done some fact-checking that night. She'd asked her boyfriend if the basketball team had seen Senior Xiao Nai going out with any girl, and he'd sworn up and down that he hadn't seen a thing.

In other words, there was still the possibility that Weiwei had lost her mind.

In the end, the roommate decided that Weiwei would wear a flowing red skirt that came down to her knees, and a loose patterned shirt. It was simple—but of course, as usual, it made her look more stunning than was necessary.

* * * * . . . . . .
. . . * * * * . . .
. . . . . . * * * *

So like that, Weiwei found herself waiting outside the cafeteria once more. She shuddered a bit in the cold morning air. Her roommates were already inside, getting breakfast and saving a table.

Her heart was beating fast. She really wasn't a fan of attention and gossip—and today was going to be the big day.

She realized: This was the exact patch of grass where she'd told Cao Guang the lie that she'd wanted to date Xiao Nai. Just to get rid of Cao Guang...

Look at how things turned out...

Her anxiety level was through the roof.

And then suddenly, with no warning, she felt an arm around her waist.

She looked up. It was Xiao Nai, who'd come around to her side, next to her in the grass.

"Where are your roommates?" she asked. "Aren't they coming? Aren't we all going in together?"

He didn't answer. In fact, he didn't speak at all. Suddenly, but gently, he pushed her toward the wall. Their bodies were touching. Weiwei's eyes widened. And before she knew it, Xiao Nai's face was suddenly against hers. His lips were against hers, moving them open.

>_<

Her whole mind went blank. But her eyes darted around. They were surrounded by bushes, but she could see the glimmers of students walking into the cafeteria through the leaves.

The insistence of Xiao Nai's mouth grew more intense and she felt his whole body against hers; the light pressure of his warm chest against hers, and the cold wall of the building against her back.

And then he backed away a little, looking at her.

"This wasn't part of the plan!" she protested. She felt defeated.

He smiled a little. "It was part of... my plan. I told my roommate to show up five minutes later than I told you to get here—"

"—so that we had five minutes... for two-person extracurricular activities."

Weiwei was completely flustered.

And now—if she walked into the cafeteria, would people know? She'd been so carefully composed looking into the mirror earlier in the dorm room, before she left—

But now, was her hair a mess?

Was she flushed?

Was the little bit of lip gloss that Er Xi had put on her—was it all smeared?