Going to their Second Date

The next day came quickly. Their second official date. Though it was the beginning of summer, it was luckily not too hot.

Weiwei ran to the bridge, trying to look composed. She knew she looked a bit tomboyish, with her navy top, jeans, white canvas sneakers. But earlier, wearing the skirt on the back of Xiao Nai's bike ride to the gym had been a little distressing.

Now that their second date was a surprise, Weiwei realized she had to dress for every possibility.

She looked around to see if any students were around or watching, ready to spread rumors.

Weiwei guessed that Xiao Nai would probably be there in his car, again. As soon as she could jump in, it would be safe.

She was wrong.

He was there on a moped.

How many forms of transportation did this man own?

He was not successfully at hiding a smile on his face as he held a helmet out to her.

"Whoa!" said Weiwei. "You have a bike, a car, and a scooter?"

"Rental."

"Oh no, is your car broken?" asked Weiwei, putting on her helmet. "I guess that's one real downside to having a car—it just needs so much maintenance." She climbed on the scooter behind him. "And parking the car must be hard in the city too..."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

In fact, Xiao Nai thinks to himself...

... my car is working just fine.

... my furen is just too innocent to notice that she's dating a scoundrel...

Luckily, with Weiwei cheerfully talking to fill the silence, he doesn't have to tell the truth. To fix her wrong assumptions.

In fact, for the past day, Xiao Nai has been thinking of a certain love rival experiencing the firm pressure of Weiwei's legs and full body on a scooter.

That guy isn't a real rival, so Xiao Nai isn't worried about his furen's heart wandering.

On the other hand, Xiao Nai doesn't want to miss out on the nice things others have experienced.

He knows he's being a bit villainous, but still he can't help himself. He wants what Cao Guang already had. Three things:

One...

Cao Guang has experienced the feeling of Weiwei's body and legs pressed against his own.

Two...

Because Weiwei has no feelings for Cao Guang, that stupid guy actually got to see this woman letting her guard down. He was allowed to see how otherworldly her beauty becomes when she's relaxed. When Xiao Nai was waiting in his car, to pick her up after tutoring—

When he saw her face, so at ease and carefree, seated behind Cao Guang—

—his heart almost stopped. He'd seen her face quite a bit when he watched her on campus, earlier in the semester. But he'd never seen her face that radiant.

Three...

Cao Guang seems to have had more time to know Weiwei in person. That just doesn't seem fair. But it can't be helped, clearly, since the past can't be changed.

Xiao Nai will just have to make up for it by occupying Weiwei's time and attention in the future.

In summary, Xiao Nai thinks, my car is working perfectly well.

He'd just left it in the parking lot at his parents' place, and went and rented a gray scooter.

And now, he's taking a slightly longer route to their destination than necessary. He leans forward to make them go a bit faster.

Last week, when Weiwei rode on the back of his bike, she had put one hand shyly on his back. Now, as he speeds forward, he feels her circle her arms around his waist, and then lean her body against him. The steady pressure of her torso and thighs increases across his whole back.

Everything is unfolding as he hoped. He lets himself smile more than anyone has seen.

His roommates always say he's evil.

That may be true—

He rounds a corner a bit too sharply.

And he feels Weiwei's legs subconsciously tighten around his lower body, while she gasps a bit. Upon hearing the surprised sound she makes behind his ear, he can feel his mind getting carried away, so he slows back down and focuses on his composure.

They're almost at their destination. He glances in the side-mirror every now and then. His wife doesn't realize that he's watching her reaction to everything. The sights of Capital City pass by, and she's entranced by them.

Every so often, the wind blows her hair across her face, and pulls it out of the way.

She doesn't look nervous anymore. Just at ease, with the peaceful expression he'd wanted to see on her. At this point, she looks like she's from another realm, and he wants to be the only guy who sees her like this.

He wants to stop, turn around and kiss her.

But that would be too soon, right?

He wouldn't mind just driving around for thirty more minutes.

But they're approaching their destination. Xiao Nai slows down and pulls up to the scooter parking area in front of a mall.

He's felt many kinds of satisfaction in life before, but not this one, which makes his brain so woozy.