Your Arm Around Me

(chapter posted 12/7/20)

[rewinding back in time a few minutes, seeing Weiwei play the arcade game through Xiao Nai's eyes]

Until now, it must be confessed: Xiao Nai is slightly enjoying watching from the sidelines. Hidden behind the crowd.

He's the first to admit... he's slightly evil.

Usually he's forced to be in the center of the spotlight, everywhere on campus. Hordes of girls. It's tiring.

But now, in this mall, he's behind the outermost ring of the crowd. His furen is the center of attention. A goddess who plays games like a pro. Who can resist a spectacle like that? She's suddenly the star of everyone's cellphone pics.

She's so cute.

When Weiwei finally knocks her opponent out with a final blow, Xiao Nai can't help but grin.

This smile spreads across his face for two reasons:

One: Because Xiao Nai's furen is an absolute assassin. A finely tuned instrument of destruction when she decides to unleash her skills. He feels awash in admiration. He's never really admired a girl. Until Weiwei.

Two: Because once Weiwei wins, her body—her elegant, tantalizing body—will stop being so darn close to that man.

In fact, Xiao Nai watches as she she steps away from the console, the exact second her character deals the final blow.

That delights Xiao Nai. He knows she does that, because she's calculated the exact hit points her opponent has remaining, and also because knows the exact number of hit points coming with her final blow.

Good gamers like her: they're tracking all that.

But also when she jumps backward at the exact end of the game, it looks like she can't bear being next to that guy for a second longer.

Which is good. Because earlier in the game, she's kind of huddled together with this random guy. Closely locked in combat. But people in the crowd even start thinking they're a couple. That irritating joker is not bad looking. Xiao Nai even hears someone in the crowd whisper, "Have you ever seen a guy being beaten in a video game like that by his girlfriend!?"

And someone else whispers back, "No, I think they're a married couple. Look, there's a kid standing next to them there!"

"No way! They're so young and cute. They already have a kid!?"

All that talk is making Xiao Nai feel—well.... His stomach's clenched. He half wants to walk up and push the guy out of the way, and show the crowd what a REAL well-matched couple looks like when they're playing together.

So Xiao Nai feels relief when Weiwei deals the final blow and then steps away from the arcade console.

But his relief suddenly turns into sharp concern.

Because this strange girl with lots of makeup steps out from the crowd and starts confronting Weiwei.

Xiao Nai watches.

Should he step in?

But Weiwei is so fierce. It doesn't look like she wants any help.

And then this crazy girl—

When the girl's wrist flicks back and a stream of iced tea stars flying toward Xiao Nai's furen...

... Xiao Nai reflexively lunges forward. He's blocked by the tightly formed crowd circled around.