Chauffeur Services Declined

Hi everyone. It's so very hard to find time and inspiration these days. Thank you SO much for your patience.  I'm trying to keep the spark going in this story about our Bei Weiwei and Xiao Nai here  — but it's very challenging, especially because I want to make their interactions just right! 

Meanwhile, I'm thinking about starting a new fanfic --- also a college romance

The new male lead has been forming in my brain, after seeing the Xiao Nai character. Like Yang Yang's Xiao Nai, this male lead will also first seem cold and collected, but turn out to be playful, teasing and protective.

The female lead... well, I'm thinking she will be a super passionate gardener. She's so busy thinking about plants that she almost doesn't notice the male lead, hahaha   tell me if this something you would be curious to read?

I'm thinking it would be called "The Prince and the Plant Whisperer."

Ok back to story..

* * * * *

Weiwei looked back and forth between the two men—Xiao Nai and Cao Guang.

Slowly and casually, Cao Guang got off his scooter. He took one step toward Xiao Nai.

They faced each other for a moment, both glowering. Similar height. Same defiant bearing.

Weiwei felt super confused.

"But..." she asked Xiao Nai...

(How did you know which bus stop to come to? I didn't tell you which bus I took AT ALL!

Did you force Er Xi to tell you?

...

But  WAIT... I never even told Er Xi which bus line I took to tutor... ! )

Weiwei's confusion grew.

Xiao Nai broke his gaze away from Cao Guang and looked gently at his furen.

Weiwei and Nai stared at each other, speaking without words. Their minds thinking side by side, in sync.

As they stood on the sidewalk, Xiao Nai's glance darted around them systematically:

Weiwei followed his gaze to their surroundings.

To the bus stop...

Then to the police station down the street... then the playground next to it...

Then to the milk tea parlor...

Dashen smiled the faintest of smiles.

Ohhhh, Weiwei thought. I told you all those landmarks! When I was trying to reassure you it was safe for me to go home alone after teaching, late at night. When we were riding in the backseat of the taxi, and you were worried.

So did you... actually... go online and look up every B City bus station...???

Xiao Nai smiled slightly and tapped his forehead. Think, my woman.

 Think, my woman