Twenty-seven

None

It was finally thanksgiving and Casey had managed to get Kathryn out of her head that week. 

Well can't say the same for Kathryn Howard. The woman was suffering. Every thought she had revolved around none of than the brown skinned beauty. It was driving her insane. She wanted to see her. Speak with her. Hug her and most definitely kiss her.

"Go see her, you're so anxious you're vibrating the whole table" Emily spits in annoyance. Kathryn eyes her best friend, silently wondering if it was okay to abandon the family. Emily nods her head for reassurance, "Hurry before I change my mind and you won't see her for another three days."

Kathryn smiled and stands from her seat. She places a kiss on her friend's cheek before rushing out of the house, hoping she could see her crush. She made it home quickly, however not spotting Casey's car. She groaned and pondered where she would be. Maybe her car was in the shop this time. Kathryn escaped her vehicle and ran into the apartment building in high hopes her neighbor would be there.

Unfortunately when she made it to her 5th floor, another familiar face grabbed her attention. She internally groaned as she turned and spotted her. 

"Kathryn, hey" Rai spat approaching the brunette. She glanced around him and towards Casey's door. "Hey Rai, why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk about that kiss..."

Kathryn frowned at the man. She didn't have time for this. She walked around him and made way to her neighbor's door. With a deep breath she knocked three times and waited patiently. "Who are you looking for?"

"Someone I'm dying to see."

Minutes passed before she knocked again. And as before, she didn't receive an answer. She groaned and made her way towards the elevator with a man following in tow. Once inside the elevator, Kathryn eyes Rai in confusion. "What did you need again?"

"I wanted to talk about where we stand" he sighs.

Kathryn rolled her eyes. "Rai honestly, we stand as co-workers. I enjoy your company, really I do, but I don't see you romantically."

"But you didn't pull away when I kissed you..."

"Because I was in shock. Rai, I already like someone."

The man frowns at the rejection. They exit the elevator and Kathryn heads for her car. She wasn't going to give up so easily. 

However, Rai follows behind her. "I think if you give me a chance you will like me,' the man spat as he closed Kathryn's opened door. The woman flinches slightly, noticing that Rai was wedging her between himself and the car. 

"Rai, you.. I like someone already I'm sorry" the brunette apologizes. "Give me a chance Kathryn... you won't regret it."

The brunette pushed the man back and tried getting into her car again. But he wouldn't allow it. "Are you.. are you perhaps looking for that girl who goes to the school?" 

Kathryn feels a cold swear cover her body. Her eyes land on the man who wore a disgusted look. "You're so disgusting Kathryn. Who would've known? The Kathryn Howard likes little girls."

"Rai you're making me uncomfortable."

"You're a sick perverted woman. Casey is still a teenager who hasn't even finished high school."

Kathryn rolls her eyes as she forces the man away and begins walking away. She didn't get far when Rai caught up to her. He grabbed onto her hair and pulled her back causing her to fall onto her ass. "C'mon you disgusting bitch, get on your feet!"