Fifty-four

Kathryn

My lips latched onto her neck, sucking harshly on the smooth skin. My hands pinned hers above her head as I straddled her legs. "Ryn, not too hard. You'll leave a mark" the girl groans beneath me struggling to get free from my grip. I pull my lips away with a smile, "That's kind of the point. Please shut up now" I peck her lips before finishing my decoration on her neck.

The sight of her laying in Desire's lap made me a bit possessive. If I mark her, maybe it'll keep that dark-haired idiot away from my girlfriend. I move my lips to her collarbone. "I guess this is a good time to tell you Des and I are going to prom together" Casey's words fall on my eardrum and bounce around in my head.

My lips pull away from her as I meet her russet eyes in disbelief. But I could tell she was serious. I didn't know if I wanted to slap her or punch her. I decided not to do either as I let her go and sit on her, my eyes not daring to leave hers. Surely she couldn't be serious? Prom? With Desire? No way, right?

"You cannot be serious" I hiss.

The girl sighs and nods her head, "She said she didn't have anyone to go with so I offered. But as friends obviously." I slap the girls' arm and climb off of her. I pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. She could've asked anyone to go to prom with, hell she could've asked Jasmine. Instead, she asks the person who kissed her a week ago! The person who is trying to come in between us. 

"Casey, go home" I spit, completely annoyed by her actions. The mood I was in earlier has disappeared. Thanks a lot, Casey. When the girl doesn't move my eyes land on her. "I said go home. I can't deal with you right now."

Casey bites her lip and sits up. "It's just Prom Kathryn, you're overreacting," she says her hand lands on mine. I quickly pull away from her as I let out a breath. "You are aware that she likes you, right? You are aware that she kissed you last week, right? You are aware that she doesn't care about our relationship, right? Why would you ever think I would be okay with you going with her to Prom?"

"We're only going as friends. It's not like we're going to sneak away from the crowd. We'll be surrounded by kids and teachers, by you."

"That hasn't stopped her before Casey!"

"She's not going to try anything. I already told you she apologized. What more do you want from her? She's my friend Ryn, we're only going as friends." 

I bite my lip. "Then I guess I can go on a date with Thomas" I spit, knowing how it would cause her to act. She furrows her brows and shakes her head. "No, you can't."

"Why not? You can go to a whole school function with Desire, why can't I go on a whole day date with Thomas? It's the same situation isn't it?"

"It's not. He used to be your boyfriend. I never dater Des! We're going to be surrounded by teachers and students, you and him won't be. I don't see how that's the same situation at all."

"Why are you overreacting Casey? We're only going on the date as friends."

Casey doesn't say anything else as she grabs her things and leaves my apartment. And I force myself to remain seated on my bed and not chase after her and apologize. I knew what I was doing, but how else was I going to get her to realize how wrong it was for her and Desire to go to prom together.

I shake my head and lay back onto my bed, pulling the sheets closer, enjoying the smell of Casey Kings.

- - - - -

I roll my eyes at Emily. The week passed by so quickly. Monday quickly became a Friday. I hadn't really seen nor spoken to Casey since our argument. I knew she was avoiding me both in the hallways and at the apartments. The only wrong I did was compare situations.