Seventy-eight

Casey

Tiredly, I make my way inside the apartment, tripping over something by the door. I stop in my tracks as I listen for Kathryn. When I don't hear anything, I close the door behind me, sure not to wake the brunette up. I sigh and kick my shoes off, my fingers searching the surrounding area for the wall or light switch. Either or would really help me right now.

However, my hands land on a body causing me to yelp. "Why are you screaming?" Kathryn laughs at my reaction. Shutting my eyes, I allow my hands to trail her body landing on her waist, pulling her closer. "Because it's dark and I can barely keep my eyes open. What are you doing up?" 

I unintentionally smile when I feel the woman's lips on my chin. I move my head down, capturing her lips. I quickly break the kiss, yawning. "God Case, what did you eat? Your breath smells like garlic and onions" my girlfriend gags.

"Caramelized onion and garlic soup. It actually tasted really good, though maybe my breath is telling you otherwise." The woman hums. "Take me to the bed, I can't stay up any longer."

She obeys, pulling me into the room. Once the back of my legs hit the bed, she pushes me over. I fall onto the fluffy cushion. I feel Kathryn's slender fingers unbuttoning my pants before pulling them over my hips and down to my ankles. "I know you're getting turned on from stripping me but I am seriously not in the mood to have 4 hours of sex with you."

The woman chuckles, climbing into bed with me. "Not at all, baby. How was your night? Did you get along with everyone?"

Smiling, I nod my head. My eyes close and the only sound heard is our breathing. "While you were gone, I missed you a lot" Kathryn whispers into my ear. "Yeah? Would I be an asshole if I said I didn't really miss you?" 

"No. I think in your situation, I would understand. You were too busy having fun with your friends that for once you could escape your clingy and crazy girlfriend, even if it was just for a few hours."

I let out a breath as I glance at the blonde. I could see her smiling in the dark, but her eyes weren't on me. "I realized that when you go off to college..." her voice cracked mid-sentence. 

"You're so young. You just made 19 and you're not ready to settle down. But I am, I'm ready to start a family. In three years I'll be 30, Casey."

The brunette sits up, eyes on me as she continued. "That's what's so fucked about us. The age gap. You're not at the stage where you want to commit to one person. What if you leave and you realize that life with me is impossible? I've been diagnosed with PTSD, DID, Depression. That's too much to handle as a 19-year-old woman. I'm going to miss you like crazy and maybe your absence is going to cause episodes."

Where was this all coming from? It was so sudden, so unexpected. I swallow the lump in my throat as I hear the woman continue to vent. 

"Fuck. I'm sorry, I've been rambling this whole time and you're tired. Shit, Casey, I'm sorry. I just... I was thinking maybe, maybe it's not the best time for us to be in a relationship. All I've been doing for the past few months was cause you stress on top of stress."

Hearing the words fall from her lips causes my heart to drop in the pit of my stomach. Where was this coming from? I sit up, moving over to the nightstand and turning on the lamp. 

Finally, I'm able to take in Kathryn's appearance. I could tell she had been crying. No wonder it was so dark in here, she was hiding from me.

I move towards my girlfriend, cupping her face. "Kathryn, where's this coming from? Are you okay? Did something happen while I was gone?" I bombard the beauty with questions. She sniffs, eyes avoiding my gaze.