Two

Casey 

I rub my temples as I enter the school building. After finding out a teacher from my school was my next door neighbor, I skipped school. I never skip school. That's how embarrassing that moment was. "Casey" Edwin cries as he pulls me into a hug, "I haven't seen you in 3 says."

I offer a small smile as I search around me. I didn't want to bump into either Mrs. Evans or Ms. Howard. I groan a little, remembering I have to see Mrs. Evans whether I liked it or not. She's my English teacher after all. Luckily I didn't have Ms. Howard as a teacher.

"Were you sick?" Edwin questions pulling away from the hug. I shake my head, "Not sick. I'll tell you later" I sigh. Edwin raises his brow at me and I watch his eyes leaves me and eye someone behind me. 

"Hey Ms. Howard!" I hear causing my head to turn, my eyes meeting hers. Suddenly there was a thick tension floating in the air. The woman quickly looks away from me, her cheeks turning into a darker shade of red.

This is awkward. "Good evening" she smiles and continues her journey towards her classroom. Great we've seen each other. 

"What the hell was that?" Edwin questions looking between the two of us. I shake my head, not wanting to think about the embarrassing encounter that I had to experience Monday afternoon.

"Bullshit! Are you two fucking?" 

My eyes go wide as I stare at the boy in disbelief. "Hell no! First of all she's a teacher and second the reason it was so awkward is because she's my next door neighbor" I sigh awkwardly shrugging my shoulders.

I had the pleasure of finding that out firsthand. "Holy hell! And knowing you, you sleep around a lot. Did she hear anything?" Edwin questions.

I sigh and nod my head, "Her and Mrs. Evans."

Suddenly, the only person who's supposed to cheer me up, begins a fit of laughter, thinking my situation was funny. It was beyond that. It was terrible. I know it's going to be hell trying to talk to Mrs. Evans in class without remembering the incident.

There is nothing more fucked up than two teachers from my school hear me have sex in the comforts of my home. Ugh. How will I live past this?

- - - - - 

"Ms. Kings" I hear Mrs. Evans call my name. Oh no. I stand from my desk and make my way over to her, careful not to stand too close. "You missed school for 3 days, what happened? You had perfect attendance."

Oh, you know. I couldn't deal with the embarrassment of you and Ms. Howard hearing me have sex at home. 

"I came down with a stomach bug. I'm better now."

The woman eyes me, probably seeing straight through my lie. She offers a small smile, "Well, I'll give you the work you missed while you were out after class."

I nod my head and head back to my seat. She did that to torture me!

As soon as I take my seat, the door opens revealing an administrator. "Mrs. Evans, you have a student/ teacher conference" he speaks. Oh yes. I won't have to see her for the rest of the class!

"Will you be watching over my class?" the blonde questions as she grabs her things. The short man shakes his head and in comes someone I wish I didn't have to face. It's like the universe is completely against me. Mrs. Evans smiles towards Ms. Howard. 

I hide my face from the brunette in embarrassment and try making conversation with a girl at my table. 

"Hey, how do you do this work?" I question pretending like I didn't understand it. The girl eyes me in confusion before deciding to help me. I become really intrigued with this girls' teaching methods, that I forget Ms. Howard is even in the class.

Well up until, "Damn I wanna bang her." My eyes lift from the work on my desk towards the guys at the next table over. I follow their line of sight, my eyes landing on the small brunette standing in front of the class awkwardly.

She does know she can sit right? I take this time to take in her outfit, consisting of a blue blouse tucked into her brown pencil skirt and 4 inch pumps to top it off. I hate to admit but Ms. Howard was incredibly attractive. 

My eyes trail up, until my eyes land on hers. Oh shit was I caught checking her out? The woman eyes me a little longer before glancing away. "I want to lean her over the desk and--"

"Mr. James" the class hears and everyone turns towards Ms. Howard, believing she might've heard the two.

"You're going home" she speaks up and I take notice of her placing the phone back down. The boy hold onto his chest, thankful he wasn't in trouble for his inappropriate language. 

My eyes follow the boy out of the classroom and once again my eyes catch hers. She offers a small smile, to which I throw back before looking down to my work. The remainder of the class consists of Ms. Howard and I making awkward eye contact before one of us feels awkward enough to looks away.

Hearing the bell ring, I let out a breath I had no idea I was holding in. I grab my things and shove them into my book bag, ready for my day to end. All I had to do now was go to lunch to hang out with Edwin before I could go home and relax.

Before I made it out the classroom, the sound of Mrs. Evan's voice caught my attention. "Casey."

I groan and turn towards the older woman, why does the universe hate me? "You need to get your missing work before you leave." I sigh and follow the woman into her classroom, spotting Ms. Howard sitting on a desk closer to Mrs. Evan's. 

Great I have to see the two of them side by side in the same room. This almost reminds me of Monday afternoon. Mrs. Evans searches for my work as I shift my weight from one leg to the other, staring down at the dirty floor. 

"Ah, here we go" Mrs. Evans speaks causing me to look up. I avoid Ms. Howards' eye as I grab my work from my teacher. "Thanks" I sigh as I stare at the three worksheets. "I'll let you turn it in Monday full grade."

I shake my head, "I'll turn it in before I leave the school. I don't really like homework" I mumble before smiling at her older women and walking out of the classroom. Ugh. I hate my life.

- - - - -

"Party at Duke's. I know you hate him but you should come" Edwin speaks cheerfully as he takes a huge bite of his burger. I frown. Duke. I forgot all about him. "I'll come but I don't want to stay late." For all I know his sister could be there. It wasn't likely though, mainly because she's a college student and they're still having class.

"Speak of the devil" Edwin spoke. I look up, my eyes taking in Duke hand in hand with the girl from my English class. The girl eyes me before glancing to Duke. And if anyone knew Duke, it's that he had the hugest crush on me. Sucks for her. She's being played.

"Hey Casey" Duke smiles, sitting on side of me as his girlfriend takes a seat on side of Edwin. 

"Uh, hey" I say awkwardly, shoving a fry into my mouth. The blonde beside me watches me eat and I grow nervous. "We were just talking about your party" Edwin comes in with a save. Duke averts his eyes to my best friend, "You guys coming? It's going to be epic."

I nod my head, hoping this moment could dismiss itself quickly. 

However it doesn't but my eyes catch onto someone more interesting. Someone I skipped school 3 days for. Someone who was walking hand in hand with some tall dark haired guy. They stopped and turned towards each other, the woman leaning in to capture his lips quickly. 

When the two separate it's like she knew to look my way. Before I could get caught looking at her, I turned my head and tuned into the conversation happening at my table. What the hell is going on with me?