Eighty-one

Kathryn

Once Casey finished bawling her eyes out, we talked a bit more. Well, a lot more. It was time to get ready to take her to the airport. Casey wanted to stay with me after my confession and though I also wanted her to stay here, I encouraged her to go to college. She needs to travel. Needs to get out there and get a feel of the real world. She needed that experience and I needed to be strong for her.

"Fuck!" she yelled, exiting the room. She had her suitcase, phone, and charger. Smiling at the girl, I hand her my laptop knowing she'd be needing it more than I did. "You got everything?" I question, kissing her cheek. She sighs exaggeratedly before nodding her head. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much" I whine, wrapping my arms around her body. She hugs me back, even though we had plenty of time to say our goodbyes at the airport. I let her go, immediately missing the warmth. She glances around at her boxes, "You'll get to keep a piece of me a little longer even after I'm gone."

I nod my head and we make our way towards the door. We make it just to our car before we're spotted and stopped by Bella. She smiles at Casey, pulling the girl into a hug. "Have fun out in Cali!" she says, pulling away and punching her arm playfully. 

Casey smiles, nodding her head. "Right."

"I'll miss you, only a little bit" the Hispanic girl teases. Casey can only roll her eyes, not entirely in the mood for extra. She throws her suitcase into the backseat of my car before getting into the passenger side. I follow in suit, waving to Bella as we pull out of the apartments.

The ride to the airport is tense and silent. Funny, we had so much to say in the hours building up to now. I already knew everyone would at the airport, ready to wave Casey off, with the exception of her family and Edwin. I dread this day. I just wanted to get it over with and the other 121 days after today. 

We make it to Hobby with 40 minutes to spare, just as we had already prepared. With a sigh, Casey exited my car. Something's wrong. I get out and make my way to the brunette. "What's wrong babe?"

Her tired eyes land on me. "I'm sleepy. And it's so early in the morning and I'm going to miss you, I'll miss everyone. Baby can I cancel the ticket?"

Chuckling, I shake my head. "No, you cannot."

"Casey!" we hear and turn spotting Emily and Duke making their way over. Not too far behind them is the rest of our gang. "Kathryn's going to be hell without you around. She'll be bitchy because she's not getting any" Emily jokes. 

Duke's face retorts into dislike of the conversation causing us to laugh. "I'm gonna miss you Casey" the blonde boy smiles, pulling his friend into a hug.

Surprisingly, she hugs him back. And to think that a few months ago she disliked the boy. "Step aside, little brother. We want to say goodbye to her too" Diana pushed the boy aside causing him to groan. The blonde woman wastes no time pulling my girlfriend into her arms and burying her face in the crook of her neck. I bite my cheek and glance away from the two, feeling like that wasn't something I was supposed to witness.

"I'm going to miss you" Diana whispered into her ear. My eyes watch the two, slightly jealous of their proximity. She pulled back, a sad smile on her lips.  She surprises us when she places a kiss a bit too close to Casey's lips.

I open my mouth to attack her but Cane pulls her girlfriend away before I can do anything. "Be safe over there" Cane smiles possessively, punching Casey's arm. I frown, were these two ever going to get closer? Jasmine and Desire smile at their friend. 

Casey smirks, "You two still manage to stay together?" Jasmine rolls her eyes before blushing and nodding her head. Desire smirks at her girlfriend. "Don't have too much fun without us."

Lastly, Sophia approaches the girl. "Be good and don't talk back to your professors. Do your work on time and be diligent. Don't let parties distract you for the real reason you're there, Casey. Have fun, not too much fun. Be smart about what you consume, don't always eat out, or at least don't always eat fast foods."

This was the first time in months I've seen Sophia act motherly to anyone who wasn't her child. "It may be dangerous, you're a pretty girl. Carry some mace, be alert and safe."

My girlfriend smiled, "Okay, I didn't know I had three mothers."

Sophia doesn't crack a smile. She salutes at the brunette, "Yes ma'am!" 

Everyone huddles around my car saying one more goodbye to the girl before never seeing her for the next few months. Holding out my hand, I smile at her. This was going to be the hardest part. 

We walk into the building hand in hand, making our way to the TSA. Sighing, I look over at my girlfriend with a sad smile. "I'm going to miss you" I admit for the nth time. She smiles, nodding her head, "I know baby. I'm going to miss you as well."

Turning towards me, she pulls me into a bear hug, lips pressed against my cheek. "I love you, Ryn."

"I love you too, Casey. Text me before you guys get on the runway and text me when you arrive at your dorm. I don't want to be the clingy girlfriend but you've got to text me every morning and every night. Face time me at least 2 times a week. I want a call every other day."

The girl chuckles nodding her head. "Okay, okay. I have to go."

Before she can walk off, I pull her in for another hug, loving her warmth and her scent. 

Finally, pulling away, I watch her walk towards one of the lines. My eyes follow her until she reaches her gate and I lose her in the crowd. My stomach twists into knots and my heart clenches as I clench my jaw. She's gone. 

I turn on my heel and make my way out of the building, spotting my friends by my car. Emily smiles at me, pulling me into a hug. "It'll be fine, it's just college."

A/N: Casey!!! Hey all, the next chapter is going to be the final chapter of this book. Casey and Kathryn's little romance story is coming to an end...for now.