The Boy With The Bell

Wednesday is my third favourite day of the week, simply because my classes end 90 minutes early.

So unless some evil professor decides to give me extra work, I have more time for things that make me happy. By that, I mean, going to Precious Children's Center.

The elevator is out of order due to some maintenance check so I find myself running up the stairs. After a long lesson on plant genes, I just want to go and see the kids.

I just first need to change out of these jeans and into something comfortable.

As expected, Zoe isn't in the room. I put my bag on the desk and swing open the closet doors.

After changing into tracksuit pants, I put a few of my things into a 'We Bare Bears' tote bag and get ready to leave.

My phone rings and I smile as I see the caller ID.

"Boyfriend."

"Girlfriend." He chuckles. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing well, what about you?"

"Ahh, I haven't seen my girlfriend in over a day, I'm dying."

"Aw! That breaks my heart." I giggle.

"It sounds like you're moving around, what are you doing?"

"Oh! I'm on my way to see the kids." I turn around to lock the door.

"Really? I think I'll also come. It'll do me some good to be around them."

"I'll meet you there then, my love."

"I miss you." He says and I suddenly stop.

"I miss you too." I resume walking.

***

I park my car behind Mason's in front of the center. We open our doors simultaneously but he exits his car first.

"Hey!" I exclaim before running into his arms.

"Hey!"

"Oh thank the heavens!" I turn around and find Miss Betty standing by the entrance. "Come on in, you guys! It's busy in here."

I smile brightly and without a second thought, take Mason's hand and rush over to Miss Betty.

"Hi, Miss Betty." I greet her enthusiastically.

"Hi, my baby. How are you two?" She turns around and starts walking towards the reception desk.

"We're doing well." I reply.

"I'm glad to hear. Just quickly sign in."

Even from here, I can hear the squealing and giggling of the kids. I smile, my eyes focusing on the register book as I write my name.

"Where are they? They sound so excited." Mason chuckles.

"The little ones are in the play room and the older ones are in the backyard."

"Alright, thank you."

"Mason, I think you should go to the back and Maya to the playroom."

"Oh, okay." I look up at Mason. I was hoping we could spend some time together.

The kids are running around, books and toys scattered on the floor. I take in a deep breath at the overwhelming sight.

"Kids! Hello!" I try to shout over the laughter and screaming but to no avail. "Kids!"

Timmy, the little boy I met last time, suddenly runs past me.

"Timothy!" He stops and turns around.