I'm Not Going To Hurt Max.

Maya's POV

Dinner with Lilly and Brian was great. We ate at the restaurant next to their hotel and they went all out on a three course meal.

Lilly finally got to tell Brian that she's pregnant. She couldn't find a special way to do it so she just wrote it down on his napkin.

He was so happy, he got up and hugged her in front of everyone. It was just so lovely seeing them together, so happy and in love.

I open the door to my room and smile when I see my best friends. I place the bag containing the food I brought for Zoe on my study table.

"Hey." I greet Zoe and Peyton.

"No time for that." Peyton swiftly sits up on my bed.

"What's up?" I close the door and go to sit with Zoe on her bed.

"What did you do?" Zoe questions.

"What?" I look between the two.

"Zoe told me that Maxie told you he likes you." Zoe squeals.

"Yeah and I told you to talk to Mason. Did you do that?" Zoe adds.

"Yeah, I did." I nod and feel a sharp pain in my chest when I remember our conversation.

"Well, how did all of that go?"

I look at Peyton and sigh before giving her a reply.

"Mason doesn't love me anymore and Max and I are dating."

"Okay, that's great!" Peyton claps her hands. "Not the part that Mason doesn't love you anymore, no, no, that's bad."

"Wait, no." Zoe shakes her head. "Maya, you and Max are dating?"

"Yeah." I give her a smile. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shakes her head. "What did Mason say?"

"He told me I'm just his friend and that means he doesn't love me, if he ever loved me." I shrug, trying to act nonchalant and hide my pain and disappointment.

"How do you feel about Max?" Zoe asks.

"I like him." I smile.

"Zo, why are you asking her all these questions?"

"It's just that... Maya, a few days ago you said you still love Mason and now you're dating Max."

"Oh..." Peyton slightly pouts her lips.

"You told me to work out my feelings and talk to Mason." I turn to Zoe.

"Yes..."

"That's what I did. I like Max, maybe I didn't notice it before but I do. I spoke to Mason and whatever we had, is a thing of the past."

"Are you sure about that? I don't want you to date Max for the wrong reasons."

"I'm not, Zoe." I assure her, or try to reassure myself.

"I'm just happy for you." Peyton comments.

"Thanks." I smile and look down at my feet before adding. "We kissed."

"What?" They exclaim simultaneously.

"Oh my God!" Peyton chirps.

"Yeah." I struggle to hide my smile and end up squealing. I put my hands over my face and look down.

"Look at you acting all shy." Zoe laughs.

There's a knock on the door and Peyton gets up to open it.