Kisses And Heartbreaks

'Boys, if you like her, if she makes you happy and you feel like you know her, don't let her go.'
           ~Nicholas Sparks

***

Maya's POV

My phone beeps and I turn to look at it on my bedside table. I quickly shake my head and focus on my biology notes again.

The vibrating distracts me again and this time it's an incoming call. I sigh and get up.

"Lilly." I reply after putting the phone on my ear.

"Morning, Nutty. I'm outside." She sounds happy.

"Oh." I walk to my window and look outside. It takes me a while but I spot the blue Chevrolet. "You finally brought my car."

"Yes," she laughs, "come outside."

"Okay." I hang up and walk out of the room.

My phone vibrates again and I look down at it.

Max : Hey (:
Max : I was thinking we go out today. How's that?

I stop halfway down the stairs to type back a reply.

Maya : That sounds great (:

I greet the security guard at the gate before stepping out of the yard. The doors to my car open and my cousin and her fiance come out.

"Brian!" I exclaim and run to him.

"Hey, Maya." He hugs me, a huge smile on his face.

"How are you?"

"I'm doing great. You're speaking to the new financial officer of Caleb and Jefferson."

"What?" My eyes widen with excitement. "No way!"

Caleb and Jefferson is a big construction company. Getting a job there is a guarantee to building great business connections.

"That means we're moving here." Lilly squeals, her hands dug into the pockets of her white blazer.

"Okay, things just keep getting better and better." I imitate her squeal.

Brian laughs and nods his head.

"We were thinking of a celebratory brunch." Brian grins.

"Yeah, sure." I quickly reply. "Oh, wait..."

"What? What's wrong?" Lilly asks.

"I'm supposed to meet up with Max." I explain.

"Oh, okay. Well, we can still have dinner."

"Sure, that works" I nod at Brian's suggestion.

"Dinner it is, Nutty." Lilly takes out something from the pocket of her blazer. "Here."

She hands me my car keys before walking into the campus to get her own car. I say my Goodbyes to Brian and get into my car before driving it inside.

***

"The art meseum was so great." I chirp and Max chuckles.

"I was hoping we could go to other places but you didn't want to leave the museum."

"We still have time." I laugh. "Don't worry."

He looks at me for a second and smiles. I return his smile before looking away. I rest my arm on the door and look out the window. A great feeling of joy fills me and I just can't stop smiling.

"Look." I turn around and look at where Max is pointing.

"Yeah." I agree with a grin.

Max parks his car a few feet from the taco truck.