Not Goodbyes And Old Friends

Maya's POV

When she sees us approaching, Lilly stands up straight and looks at us with a huge smile.

I roll my eyes and look up at Mason. He chuckles and we continue on our way towards her.

"How are you guys?" She asks.

"We're fine." I reply.

"That's great so Mason, you'll be able to help me." She grins.

"Help? Sure, with what?" Mason replies.

"Brian called and I need to get back to our hotel immediately."

Don't tell me this is going where I think it's going.

"I'm going to need you to drop Maya off. I have to go."

"Lil-"

"Don't worry about the car, Nutty." She opens the door to my car and throws my bag at me. "I'll bring it tomorrow."

"Lillian." I catch the bag.

"Bye, you two." She waves at us after she secures her seat belt.

She starts the car and drives off. I'm left standing with Mason, my jaw on the floor.

"How... She..."

Mason chuckles, "Come, I'll go get my car keys."

I follow him across the street to the building where he stays. We go up to his room where we find Chris reading a book.

He sits up on his bed when he sees us, fixing his glasses. His lips twitch with a smile he's struggling to hide.

"Have you seen my car keys?" Mason asks and he points to the table in the far corner of the room.

"Hi, Maya." Chris greets.

"Hey." I give him a small wave.

"Found them." Mason jiggles the keys in his hand.

"Mason," Chris calls as we're about to leave, "I spoke to Bradley, he says we can move in, in two days."

"That's great." Mason smiles.

"You're moving out?" I ask as we start walking out of the building.

"Yeah, Chris and I have been trying to find a place we can both afford. It sucks here." He shrugs.

"Where will you live?"

"Some guy's parents let him stay in one of their houses here and he let's other students live there. Great way to make some money. We spoke with two brothers that live there and want to move out so, we can finally move out of this place."

We get to the parking lot and I follow him to his car. He's no longer driving the Jeep but he's got a smaller, classier car.

"For a second I was scared you'd be driving your motorbike." I laugh as I get into the car.

"My mom made me promise I'd never get on one unless my life was in danger or something." He chuckles.

He turns the key in the ignition and the car comes to life. We drive out of the yard in silence.

I sit back and close my eyes. I feel my lips stretch with a smile. I've got this immense feeling in my chest that makes me want to burst. I want to cry and laugh all at the same time.

I've dreamt and wished for this moment for so long. I had given up and thought I'd never see Mason again and now, here he is.

This isn't another dream right?