Now I'm hearing things.

When I hear your voice, I think 'that's my song.'
~Warsan Shire

***

"I'm gonna die." Bianca groans, burying her head between her thighs.

"You're going to be okay, baby girl." Zoe softly pats her back and takes out a sanitary wipe from her bag.

"No, this is how my story ends." Bianca takes the wipe from Zoe.

There's another knock on the bathroom door.

"We're busy!" Peyton shouts.

We've been in here for about thirty minutes. I gave up on beer after I finished my first bottle. Bianca on the other hand, liked it better than I did and kept drinking.

Things did not end well for her.

She wipes away the trail of saliva under her lips and tears pool under her eyelids.

"My throat is so sore." She cries, struggling to get up.

I rush to her side and Zoey and I help her up. She balances herself on the basin and I open the tap for her. She scoops some water in her hands and splashes her face after rinsing her mouth.

"I'm never drinking again." She groans.

"I remember a time when I said that." Peyton giggles.

"May," Bianca looks at me, "if you ever see me drinking again, shoot me."

"I'm going to need that in writing, Miss." I laugh and the other two join in.

"Are you feeling better?" Zoe asks and Bianca nods.

"Let's take her outside, the fresh air will probably do her some good." Peyton suggests and we all nod.

"I feel sorry for whoever's going to come in here next." Zoe laughs as she flushes the toilet.

"Man, I should've peed before you started your barf party." Peyton pouts and we laugh.

"Stop it." Bianca scolds.

We open the door and walk out of the bathroom.

"I think I forgot my purse in the kitchen." Peyton says when we reach the bottom of the stairs.

Bianca is holding on to her and since Zoe is holding her shoes and their purses, I offer to go look for it.

For the first time tonight, the kitchen is empty. I spot her purse on the floor and bend down grab it. Her phone, money and car keys are still in here so I assume nothing was stolen.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, sure." The voice chuckles and I spin around.

There's no one in sight but I run out of the kitchen. There are still people dancing, passed out or making out. I start to frantically look around.

When I still don't see the face I think the voice belongs to, I sigh and shut my eyes. I put my back against the wall and slowly push myself to the floor. I sit down on the cold tile and hug my knees.

Now I'm hearing things.

Maybe if I had enough alcohol in my system, I would have different problems.

"Maya." I lift up my head and find Max standing over me. "Are you okay?"

He squats down. His face is full of concern and he places his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm okay." I sigh and manage a smile. "I'm just tired."

"Okay." He looks unsure. "Where are Bianca, Zoe and Pey?"