Cherry Chapsticks And Mistletoes

"Mason." Maya calls as she knocks.

"Come in!" I reply, lifting my hands to pull my t-shirt over my body.

"Hey."

"Are you ready?" She asks.

"Almost."

I grab my cologne from the bedside table before lightly spraying it a few inches from my neck.

"What's wrong?" I notice the frown on her face.

She slowly walks over to me until she's standing in front of me. She tilts her head up to look at me.

"You're too handsome," she begins and I battle to fight my smile, "you look really good and you smell incredibly good. There'll be too many girls at the mall, don't stray too far from me or they might just steal you."

"What if I want to be stolen?" I sit down on the bed to put on my shoes.

Her expression darkens as her frown deepens.

She turns around to walk out but I quickly grab her hand and pull her back, sitting her on my lap.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." I chuckle.

"If anyone tries to steal you, it'll be the last thing they do before I throw them into a shallow grave."

"What's up with you today?" I throw my hand back and laugh. "You're willing throwing compliments at me but also being very violent."

"Nothing, I just need some chocolate." She pouts.

"Okay, baby." I say before planting a peck on her lips.

She tiptoes to kiss me again, locking her hands behind my neck. My hands find their way around her waist and I pull her closer, deepening the kiss.

She breaks it but only for a moment to change the way she's sitting on my lap so that her legs are on either side of mine. Now, completely facing each other, her eyes drop to my lips before flicking up again. This time, I close the space between us, my hands slipping into her silky hair.

Every kiss we've shared has been a reminder than I'm alive. That whatever stars are up there have aligned and led to this perfectly soul burning moment. The taste of her cherry chapstick sweetens and she and she begins to kiss me like it's the only thing keeping her sane. As my hand softly moves down her arm and come to rest on her hips, I feel my heartbeat become a little faster.

It becomes all I can hear and Maya becomes the only entity worthy of my thoughts. Her scent entices my senses as I feel myself getting lost in the kiss.

I want to tell her that she has my heart and every bit of my soul. That I'd give up the world if she asked. I just hope with every kiss I brush softly against her skin, every look I pour into her eyes, can tell her this.

"I love you." She whispers as we press our foreheads together.

"I love you too," I whisper back.

Our lips are inches apart again, about to touch for the sweetest moment when a knock interrupts us.

Maya is off my body in a second, already standing a few feet from me. She looks in the mirror to try and pat her hair down.

"Is it your mom?" She mouths but before I reply, a voice speaks from the other side of the door.

"Mason?"

We simultaneously sigh. It's Priya.

"Uhm, come in!"

"Lovebirds!" Priya sticks her head inside, a wide smile on her face.

"Priya!" Maya runs to her side.