Chapter 48

VICTORIA

After our brief trip to the new 'love nest' as Diana calls it, she said she was hungry and needed something to eat. So after I had my thumb print scanned, we went to the closest restaurant and now she's devouring her meal and I can't help but stare at her.

"What?". She asks as she eats with her head down on her plate like a barbarian.

"Can't you eat like a normal person? It's not going anywhere."

"Hmmm. This pasta is amazing." She says and took another forkful on her mouth.

"You haven't tried my pasta yet dear." I say and eat my chicken alfredo, cutting it tiny pieces first.

"Yeah I haven't. And now that I'm your girlfriend, you have to lemme taste it." She says and licks the sauce off her lips.

"Next week."

"Okay. Are you doing something this weekend?". She asks as she took the noodle by hand and put it in her mouth. I frowned at her but I chose not to comment it. If it were any other people, that would make me cringe right away and swat their hand.

"No. I'm just going to grade some papers and prepare an exam for the upcoming finals." I say and put my knife and fork down and then dabbed my lips with the table napkin.

"Okay. Can you do it on the love nest?". She asks though in an unsure tone.

"We don't even have a bed yet." I say.

"That's why. You can pick the furnitures later. We have some time."

"You're going to Paris tomorrow."

"So? I have time tonight and tomorrow until noon to help out. We can check them tonight and have them deliver it tomorrow."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to-".

"Babe, please. You'd probably hate my tastes furniture anyway. And the wallpaper." She says.

"Depends." I say and shrugged. I never shrug. This girl really is rubbing on me.

"Hmmm. I like it yellow." She says and leaned back on her chair.

"Absolutely not! Never! Never." I say in a terse tone.

"See... We'll pick them today."

🖤🌹🖤

"Ugh. That was exhausting." I hear Diana huff as she sat on the L-shaped couch that was delivered. "How long can you guys set up the bed?".

And oh yes, we bought the bed and Diana seemed too eager, that we had to take it back with us.

"Within 30 minutes ma'am". The guy said and carried the gigantic bed towards the main room along with 7 other men.

Four guys slowly walked in carrying the 3 door refrigerator. I mostly picked the things needed for the kitchen, Diana prioritized the bedroom. And of course I was the one who picked temporary sheets. I have better ones at home that I said I would bring and Diana was more than ecstatic when I told her.

"I would also bring my guitar and my baby piano here."

She said while grinning at me on the furniture store.

"What time is it?". Diana asked while she sat up straight on the couch.

"It's 7:16 in the evening." I say as I sat down beside her. I have already instructed the people on where to put the equipments.

"Should we order in? I don't know about you but I'm starving. It was exhausting." She says while yawning.

"I don't like all those faux food." I say and huffed.