Chapter 10

I gasped and looked at the infuriated brunette. She also seemed surprised but held back her words.

"I’m so sorry ma’am. I didn’t know that this table is reserved. The maitre’d took me here." I politely explained.

She stared at the handouts in my hand and I felt my heart lurched as she sat down.

"Well, this is a good place to review. I can share a table with you." She muttered.

"The other day, you said you can’t share the air with me. Now you are willing to share this table that you have obviously reserved to yourself already?." I innocently asked.

I was preparing to run when she just shrugged her shoulders.

"I checked the quizzes today. You passed." she just stated and I was about to answer when a waiter came in. "Two beef bourginion, chicken salad and a bottle of burgundy."

The waiter nodded and left. I stared at her. Then I realized that she ordered two.

"I can----." I was supposed to lash out to her when she cut me off.

"I know Miss Hawthorne. You better start off with those handouts. I am not in the mood to start bickering with you." She frowned at me.

It still gets me chills when I stare into those gorgeous green eyes. Then I noticed a tiny scar just above her eyebrow. Not quite visible if you won’t study her face. I continue to stare at her. But I snapped out as I heard someone clearing their throat.

"Do I have a dirt on my face Miss Hawthorne?." she’s back into frowning again.

"Ah ahm. No ma’am." I stammered.

I looked down on the handouts and just stared blankly at them.

"Is there something you can’t understand?." she said in a hoarse voice.

I looked back at her and she has this blank face that I can’t put out.

"Ah yes. I mean, no ma’am. Just trying to refresh my mind. I’m sure I will get to it."

"Well, you better do it soon or you’ll fail the quiz tomorrow." she quipped and our order arrived.

I put the handouts away and closed my eyes as I pray before I start eating.

Victoria’s POV

I have to drink another cup of coffee just to relieve my upcoming migraine. I just finished checking the papers for my classes and these students can’t seem to get their heads on the right place.

Well, I was quite impressed by the new students’ paper. I watched her as she took the test and she finished it a little over 10 minutes when I give the class an entire hour just to do it and most of them barely finished it.

I would catch her staring at me which always unnerved me. I get a lot of stares from people. Of hatred, disgust, admiration. But I don’t know why when she stares, I get drawn to her like a magnet. She’s quite tall and we are almost about the same height.

The first time she called me ma’am today, I felt something stir inside me. Something stirs and settles between my legs that gives me an uneasy feeling. When a make crude comments about her on her first day, it’s because I was startled with her gray eyes that it seemed like she is putting me in a trance like state. It seems like she’s taking control of me. And I hate that.

I decided to have dinner in a restaurant near the school since I’m not in the mood to cook myself a dinner and I’m never a fan of takeouts.

"Good evening Miss Clements." the maitre’d greeted me with enthusiasm.