Chapter 62

"I'm pregnant."

There was a slight buzz in my ears then it turned to that high pitched sound every time the microphone was pointing to the speaker. I froze and just stared at her.

I just felt Victoria move away from me and she stood up. Angrily, as she was wiping the tears away from her face.

"I don't know what you want but I'm going to keep this." She says and stomps away from me.

That's what made me get back my nerves, I got up from the bed and turned on the light. I stared at her back as her shoulders kept on moving while she cried.

I did not dare say anything because I know for sure that it should be stupid, considering my history of dealing with things, I know I will definitely fuck this up.

I blinked a couple of times and I did not even know how long it has been but when it finally dawned on me, I stood up right away and made a beeline towards the door and down the stairs and grabbed the keys to Victoria's car.

I was barefoot and in my pyjamas and I immediately started her car and drove away.

🔆
"Excuse me, can I borrow your phone?". I asked the cashier and she just frowned at me.

"I just need to call someone. It's an emergency." I added and she looked me up and down. With hesitation in her eyes, she gave me her phone and dialled out Madeline's phone number.

"Hello?". I hear Madeleine groan on the other line.

"Hey Maddie. It's me. I need to get some things and I forgot my wallet and phone at Victoria's house. I'm at one of your store's now. In Shaw Boulevard." I say.

"Huh. Did you guys fight?".

"Uhm- no. Well, I think so. No. But I really need to get something. Or things."

"Huh. Okay. But I will take your aunt out on Friday like a real date." She says and I could hear the uncertainty on her voice.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure. It really sounds weird sometimes but sure."

"Okay. Get me the cashier on duty."

"Yes I need all of them." I say while tapping my toes on the floor. The sales woman eyed me up and down. I frowned at her nut just kept on packing the things I bought.

"What would you like to put on the cake?". The guy who prepared the cake asked.

I gulped, "Just put- Will you ma- No. Just put I want our little bean too." I say. And rubbed my hands together.

The guy nodded and when they're finally done, they helped me put the things in the car.

"Thanks. If this works out and my girlfriend won't cry anymore, I'll send you guys a gift." I say and drove back to the house.

When I got home, I expected Victoria sitting on the couch and waiting for me. And at these times, I realized as always that my girlfriend is a strong independent woman that she always had been even before she met me.

I have the cake on my right arm and the treat on the left. I walked up the stairs slowly and opened our bedroom door.

My heart almost fell out of my chest when I see Victoria sitting in the middle of our bed, hugging her legs and crying softly.

"Babe..." I start to say but she didn't look up at me. I put the cake down on the bedside table. "Babe."

She didn't respond and I got the party poppers. Without saying a word, I popped one and that seemed to get Victoria's attention.