Chapter 54

Pacing around the room then lighting another cigarette. Inhaling the smoke, stopped and stared at the city below. Mom. Mom is coming here tomorrow.

I sighed once again.

"Mom, hello."

"Hello darling. Lovely to hear from you."

"Yeah? I uh- I want to talk to you about something."

"Sure. I tried calling your aunt but she has not been answering her mobile. Please tell me she's not off somewhere in the yacht with some business magnate whom I've heard she's been getting in touch with."

I sighed, "No mom. She's with me. She stays at my condo."

"Oh well, I really don't know why she has not been answering my calls. Doctor Clements is the only person I could rely on."

"How's dad?".

"Eh, your dad is as strong as a bull. He's going to be fine. We'll be flying to Germany next week to see that doctor who specializes in cancer. I heard he has progressed something. I'm afraid I won't be able to visit you."

"Mom. Sandra's here." I say and there was silence. "Mom? Are you there? Mom?".

"Oh. I'm here sweetheart. She's- she's there with you?". My mother asks in a shrill voice.

"At my condo yes."

"Are you- are you happy she's there?".

"No."

"Oh. Oh. Why not?".

"Because I'm in love with someone else."

"Oh... You are? Then tell Sandra to leave."

I sighed again, "I can't. She has a kid."

"Your girlfriend?".

"Nooo. Sandra has a kid... And she says the kid is mine. If it's true- then you're a grandma now."

Another silence.

"Mom?".

"..."

"Mom? Are you there?".

"..."

"Mom, I'm gonna hang up."

"No! No. No. She says the kid is yours?".

"Uh yes. Pretty much."

"I'm gonna be there tomorrow."

"I scheduled an appointment to have a DNA test on Friday." I say.

"Good. Good. I'll be there tomorrow."

"But---".

"How about your girlfriend?".

"She knows."

"Where did you met her?".

"School."

"Hmmm. Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

"I love you sweetheart."

"Bye mom. I love you too and dad."

I paced back and forth waiting for Victoria because I already called her and told her to come. I hear the door open. Of course my girlfriend is wearing a black skirt and maroon- red vest with her black blazer. With a 5 inch heels to top it off.