Chapter 13

I tried to move forward but my feet seemed to be glued on the floor. All those words are echoing in my head like I am trapped inside a tunnel.

Everything seems to be in slow motion. Until I felt somebody's cold hand grabbed my shoulder.

"Victoria!."

"Huh?-" I made all effort to snap my head back to the person who just calls my name.

"You should contact the parents of the student."

"What?-." I am still trying to process what is happening and I was mentally blaming the strong burgundy that I drank earlier. A hand waving in front of my eyes snapped me from my thoughts.

"I will be the one who will assist Miss Hawthorne. You should contact the parents."

I then recognized Alberta and she just handed me a piece of paper which I just accepted.

My trembling hands clutched the paper as began walking. Then I realized I'm already sprinting, trying to catch up with Alberta.

"Alberta, wait!."

I grabbed her shoulder just as she opened the door towards trauma room.

A pair of gray startled eyes looked at me. She is sitting up in a hospital bed with four doctors assisting her.

"Victoria, contact Geraldine Pearson's parents. Tell them to come here as soon as possible. I will be assisting Miss Hawthorne for here. I will just make sure she is alright then I will be there with you." Alberta said to me.

I just stared at her.

She's fine.
She's alive.

I then noticed that her left cheek is bruised and left hand is on cast.

"You know how I deal with all the dead people Alberta. I don't mean to be so cold but I think, it would be much better if you were the one who will deal with her parents." I said as calmly as possible.

"I'm sorry. Ah, yes. I know. I should get going then." Alberta said and I handed her the piece of paper she gave me earlier. "Please look out for Miss Hawthorne."

Then Alberta rushed to hall. I walked inside and I just stood there.

"We will be back for further check ups." The tall guy doctor said to her. "Rest for awhile Miss the nurse will just come in to give you something for the pain."

The doctor looked at me and his eyes lingered toward my face, down to my breasts to my hips and back to my face again. I kept a cold stare and never showed any emotion.

"Evening, I'm Doctor Andrew Allen. I never expected you to arrive early Mrs. Hawthorne." He said to me.

I felt something inside me stirred. The last two words is very wrong to hear but felt so right.

"Uhmm. I am not her mother, I am her professor. Her parents is yet to come." I answered him.

"Oh, I see. Have a safe night professor." He smiled at me and I noticed that he's not bad looking either and based on his cowboy grin at me, I'm guessing he's a swooner. And about my age.

If he only knows that your sinful cunt is in the favor of the bruised girl he just tried to make sure okay.

My minds conscience makes me sneer and that made the doctor leave.

Guess he didn't have the balls to stand up on me.

"Can I--- can I use your phone?". The girl croaked in a hoarse voice.