Chapter 58

"That bitch." My mother starts to say and stood up.

"Mom-".

"When did you schedule a DNA test?".

"Tomorrow."

"Hmmm. If the result is positive, we will file a custody against that manipulative bitch."

"Mom, I honestly wanted to speak to Sandra first. We have a lot to talk about."

"Tomorrow, once the test is done, I will make sure that she doesn't get to come near you." My mother says and sipped her drink.

I sighed.

"Mom, I had so much information today that if I ever make a decision now, it's not gonna be good. One thing for sure, I'm not gonna leave Victoria. She stays. She stays with me."

My mother sipped her drink again but kept staring at me.

"I don't know for sure what's the reason of you being involved with women twice your age. Maybe because I wasn't that much around when you were growing up?". She says and shrugged.

I sighed again and took a chair. I set the chair in front of her and sat down.

I stared at her and gave a small smile.

"Maybe... Maybe not. I love you mom. I love you and dad. You gave me everything and more. I love Victoria not because I'm lookibg for something. I love her because it happened. She's everything that I never dreamed of having as a girlfriend. She fights with me all the time especially if I'm being bull headed and immature. She accepted me without questions and she loves me just being... Well, me. I know you wanted me to be happy. She makes me happy. She supported me all the way. Mom, I know Victoria is- she's- she's had enough. She doesn't want to fall in love with anyone  in the first place. And when she did, I'm grateful that it's with me. I won't let go of her. I can't." I say with conviction and my mother just stared at me. Then she sighed and closed her eyes while nodding.

"I understand." She says and took a glass then poured both of us a drink. "You've been happier."

"I'm happiest." I say and drank.

My mother smiled sadly at me. "I'm sorry."

"What for?". I asked.

"For letting the people bully you and hurt you. I wasn't the mother you expect me to be."

"Mom..."

"No. Let me- let me say this. I wasn't ready when we had you, you know. Your dad and I just graduated at that time. He was so excited to have kids... He- was over the moon when he found out that I was pregnant with you. Me? I was hesitant... You know your grandmother. She wasn't the easiest person to deal with. Your aunt and I had to take care of ourselves growing up. It was sheer luck your father is the heir to his father's business that's why she let us be married. If it wasn't the case, I shouldn't have been married to him."

I poured the drink for the both of us and my mother paused and took a deep breath.

"When I got pregnant with you, I was afraid that I will be like her. So far, that's all I had been in your life. As much as I wanted to stop this- between you and your Professor- I can't. If she makes you happy- I'm happy for you. I should have supported you all the while. All those words that came out of my mouth whenever you wanted me in your life, I regret it. I should have been the mother that I was supposed to be." My mother says as she shakes her head.

"Mom... I love you and dad. I can't blame you if you want to choke me sometimes. I know I'm... Well- pretty intense. Guess that's what I got from you." I say and just on cue, my mother's phone began ringing.