Chapter 26

Another day. Another disaster. I hugged my coat tightly around my body as I approach the tall building where Diana Hawthorne resides. The weather is quite windy and my boots were slapping harshly on the marbled floor.

"Goodmorning Doctor." the receptionist say with a curt smile. I nodded at her and walked towards the elevator.

When I got to the main floor where Diana Hawthorne is, I was battling my better judgement of just turning around and leave. Leave the contract and just pay for it. I found myself pressing the buzzer and met by Antoinette.

"Oh. G'morning Doctor. You're just in time. We just finished eating, we're going to play COD." She grinned at me and I frowned.

We went inside and I found Diana sitting on in front of the huge TV with a console on her hand and a pillow on her lap.

"G'morning Doctor. Have you had breakfast yet? We will be playing. You can find anything you need in the kitchen." Madeleine says with slight smile.

"Please put your betting money on us! I will make sure that you will win!". Antoinette said excitedly.

"C'mon Toni, we all know that you and Maddie were trash." Barbara said while eating a granola bar.

"I feel like we're gonna win today Barbie. You're confidence will bring you down!". Antoinette huffs. "We will be on the other room so no peeking. Doctor Clements is here. I know she won't let you guys cheat. Please tell us if they cheat again Doc." She says to me as if I am actually the mediator of this hilarious game.

"When we win, you always say we cheat. You just can't accept that you guys were losers." Barbara says while rolling her eyes.

"I saw you peek the last time." Madeleine says while squinting her eyes at Barbara.

"I had to go to the bathroom! To take a pee. I'm not a cheater!". Barbara says.

"Whatever you say Barbie." Antoinette says also rolling her eyes.

"How much are we talking?". Diana says with a smirk.

"20 grand. 10 from me and 10 from Toni." Madeleine says with a smirk now.

Diana nodded, "Okay. Money down." She says in urgency.

All cash were on the table 20 thousand dollars for each team. Diana took $200 dollars off each bet.

"She always gets her tax." Barbara explained to me.

"We were supposed to be having our therapy now Miss Hawthorne." I say with a frown.

"Talk all you want Professor. I'm gonna win today." She looks me straight in the eyes grabbed the console and the headset.

I sighed heavily and sat on the couch, placing my bag on the coffee table beside it.

Madeleine and Antoinette went to the lounge room and I heard the lock click.

"Let the war begin." Barbara says as they positioned as if this is a serious tournament.

DIANA

"She's rounding up the corner." Barbara says as she looks furiously at the screen.

"I can see her." I say as I made my character climb up the building. Suddenly all gunshots were on me. "Fucking fuck Barbie! Cover my ass!".

"On it." Barbara says and her character starts shooting on the car where I presume Madeleine is.

After almost 3 hours of hunting each other. We all now gather inside the circle where we are safe from the virus but not from each other. I am getting distracted by the pinning looks at the back of my head. I know that she is staring at me so I kept my eyes glued on the screen.