Chapter 59

I woke up feeling like I was set to march to the great war. I tried to feel up the space beside me and groaned when I found it empty. I sighed and sat up. Victoria made her side of the bed and consciously, a small smile graced my lips.

How I love the woman so much.

I got up and of course, found some of my neatly folded skinny jeans and my shirt hung over the small hamper. Along with my underwear. After the dragging talk with my mother last night, I was too exhausted to even kiss my girlfriend good night. I don't know where Victoria gets all the energy to even have a bath last night. Though most likely that's why is smelled apples in the morning.

Well she does smell like like fresh apples all the damn time.

I took a shower and dressed up right away. Comb my hair and tied it in a messed up bun which my mother hates everytime I do it because it's still wet.

When I walked out of the room, the smell of bacon filled the air and I walked down the stairs giddily and headed straight away to the kitchen.

My smile faltered when I saw all of them, my aunt, Antoinette, Barbara, Madeleine, the kid and of course, my mother. The kid is sitting on Barbara's lap.

"Monin. Ani." The kid says with a toothy grin.

I grinned back at her and took her from Barbara.

"Good morning. Did you had breakfast yet?". I ask the kid.

"No. Aya still make bayfast. She say I wait a wittle." The kid says to me.

"Where's my girlfriend?". I ask everyone as they remain staring at me.

"She went to the bathroom." Toni says then sipped her coffee.

I looked at my mother who is reading a newspaper with her eyeglasses like she always does at home.

"You are oddly comfortable right now, which really kinda creeps me out." I say to her.

She put down the newspaper and looked at me.

"Why so?".

"I thought you hated my girlfriend in last night. You said some words..." I start to say and she looked at me accusingly.

"Well, I apologized and I took it back after. No matter who you are going to be with, I'll always be uncomfortable. I have the right to be upset because I'm your mother."

I just sighed.

"And well, I even I still have my reservations towards your relationship, I should be just a grateful guest. Victoria isn't that bad. No, she's in fact very polite, kind and very well mannered." My mother added and I looked at her quizzically.

Before I could say anything, my girlfriend came back but she looks as if she's seen a ghost. I was washed over by worry.

"Are you okay?". I ask Victoria and she gave me a small smile.

"Yes, I must have caught a bug. I am alright now." She says.

"Not to be rude but why are you all here?". I ask around.

"The apartment was boring. And my sister is here." My aunt says while rolling her eyes.

"I wanted to apologize to you." Madeleine says.

"I'm here to have breakfast, Madeleine won't cook and so is Amanda." Barbara says while then started to pick a piece of bacon but Antoinette swatted her hand.

"I wanted to say sorry too. And me and Barbie wanted to see the little princess." Toni says with a smile then looked at Danica.

"Excuse me." Victoria says and I snapped my head looking at her right away as she walks out again.