Chapter 20

Trish's POV

Chris and I had a great time together; we haven't hung out together in a while. I missed my best friend, and I'm glad he isn't acting so weird anymore. After getting pizza, we went to mall just to kill some time. After an hour of walking around, Chris said he needed to get back to school to do something 'important'. I can't find any of the guys right now. Where the hell are they anyways? They told me they'd meet me here.

I walked into the gym and it was packed; so much people from both schools. Today was championships; Soundview and Jefferson High were playing against each other today. I walked towards the bleachers where most of the Soundview fans were seated at.

"Trish! Up here!" I looked up and saw Seth and Chris sitting with some of the guys. Weird, the entire football team was here...But they've never even went to any of the games before...

I walked up the stairs and sat in between Sam and Jake. "Hey! I thought you guys were meeting me outside?"

"Well, you took forever, so we decided to just come in here and save seats." Jake answered.

I nodded my head and smiled, I turned to look at Chris. "Hey."

"Hey." he smiled back, but why'd he look sad-ish?

I shrugged it off and turned to Jake. Jake and Sam were laughing at something. "What are you guys laughing at?" I asked.

"Sam said some lame joke again." Jake said while laughing.

Sam always says lame jokes; you'd laugh though, not because of how funny it is, but how lame he could get. "How do you make holy water?" Jake asked.

I looked at him for awhile trying to think. "How?"

"You boil the hell out of it." OMG, Sam really is lame! I started laughing and clutching my stomach. Sam glared at both Jake and I as we continued laughing.

After we finished laughing, I looked around gym looking for a particular someone.

"Looking for Kevin?" Jake asked.

"NO!" I answered back...to fast.

"Lying is bad Trish." Sam teased.

"Oh the both of you shut up." I said.

Both of them started laughing, earning daggers from me.

Kevin, Brock, and some of the other basketball players walked out of the locker room, ready to warm up. Kevin looked around the gym and once he saw me, he smiled at me. I smiled back and waved, but Lex came and called Kevin to the side. Damn, she always has to ruin everything.

After warming up, the guys went back to their bench and were huddled up. Moments later, the buzzer buzzed letting them know that the game was about to begin. Kevin, Brock, Shane, Jacob, and Gabe all walked towards the court. The other team walked towards the court, and all the guys shook hands. Shane and some other kid from Jefferson were the one's getting ready for tip off. The referee blew his whistle and Shane tipped the ball. Kevin caught the ball and dribbled it down the court, he got to the middle and passed it Brock, then Brock passed it back to Kevin and she shot the ball outside the 3 point line; the ball went in, earning us 3 points.

The game continued and it turned into half time. Wow, this game went pretty quick. The clock showed 15 minutes counting down for break. I was about to get up when Jake pulled me back down. "What?" I asked.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"To the restroom...why?"

"Ugh. Why don't you just go later?" Sam said.