Chapter 19

Beatrice's POV

Stupid Kevin. Stupid Lex. I was sitting here in library while Kevin was busy texting Lexi on his phone. Basketball season is almost over, meaning I can stop following him around school. I think he can learn on his own now, he isn't that stupid. Emphasis on that.

"Hey I'll meet you later you later. I needa go check on some stuff." Kevin said, grabbing his stuff.

"Where? To meet Lex?" I snapped.

"Yes to meet Lex; my best friend." He emphasized 'best friend.' "Don't tell me you're jealous of her. Really there's nothing to be jealous about." he said while smiling.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"If someone should be jealous, it should be me. I'm not the one who received flowers from some secret admirer of mine." He does have a point. Aghh.

"Hey! Did I ask for the flowers? No!" I fought back.

"God, would you two shut up! You sound like an old married couple." Chris said.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"Umm. At the time Kevin said 'If someone should be jealous, it should be me. I'm not the one who received flowers from some secret admirer of mine.' And then you started getting mad, and I don't even wanna know how it began." Chris said.

"Shut up." Kevin and I both said in unison.

"Go to your best friend now, I have mine right here." I said, smiling at Chris.

"Wow. I feel so used right now, yet so loved." Chris said playfully.

"Shit. I'll see you later." Kevin said running out the door.

"What's his problem? And why do you like that again? I swear, just tell him you like him already." Chris said.

"I don't know, he went to check your twin. And he does know I like him...I think?"

"Then why are you acting like that? You act like a jealous girl friend." Chris says playfully while I 'playfully' punch him. No, I just punched him...hard!

"Owww. I taught you well, but please don't hit me, I taught you how defend yourself from others, not me!" Chris said rubbing his arm.

"Shut up, you asked for it. Why are you here anyways? Aren't you supposed to be at practice or something?"

He shook his head and grabbed my arm. "None of the guys are there. They went to 'study' somewhere."

"What do you mean 'study'?" I asked curiously. None of the guys really study, I tutor most of them...I should know.

Chris shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. Probably with some girls."

An idea popped in my head. "Let's go out. We should go get pizza. I'm hungry."

Chris chuckled and got up. "Let's go! You're treating though."

"What?! You're the guy!"

"And you're the hungry one!" he said.

"Fine." I grumbled. He looked at me and started laughing. I missed this, alone time with my best friend, while Kevin is with his 'best friend', stupid Kevin.

Kevin's POV

You better get your ass here now! I'm not holding this banner for you. –Lex.

"Shit. I'll see you later." I said while running out the library.

'Hold on! On my way!' I texted her back. I ran to the gym and saw Lex holding the poster I asked Seth to make.

"Thanks Lex!" I said while taking the poster. I opened it and it looked great. Seth could really draw, I give him props for that.

"What took you so long? Seth had to ditch, something about talking to people about tonight."

"I was with Trish." I said simply.

"She still jealous? She should really stop, she's starting to look like an obsessed girl friend or something." Lex said chuckling.

"Lex." I said sternly.

"But seriously, it's obvious she likes you, but she won't just say it. Still a coward."

"Lex stop. I don't get why you both hate each other so much." I said shaking my head. The two most important girls in my life, no including my mom of course, hate each other so much.

"I don't hate her. We just never get along." Lex shrugs.

"Yeah sure...Thanks though. For everything I mean; helping me plan this and all."

"No problem. You're my best friend, I just want to see you happy. Even if it means you being with her, then I'll accept it." Lex says smiling.

I smile down at her and hug her. God knows how much I love this kid.

"Tell Trish to stop being jealous of me later...Because of her people are really starting to think there's something going on between us."

"Yeah I know. What about you? Any guys I need to start protecting you from?" I ask her while we were walking down the hallway towards the double doors.

"Eh. That guy Seth is pretty cute." she replies shrugging her shoulders.

"Seth?! Really? Wait, don't you still have a boyfriend?" I ask. That's what Chris said last time we were talking about Lex.

"Nope. I lied about that so that Beatrice wouldn't think I was after you, but she still thinks I am so..." she drifts off.

"Aww. Such a great friend." I say chuckling.

"Shut up. As I said, anything to make you happy right?" she beams.

"Yup." I say popping the 'p'.

We both get to the football field and some of the guys from the football team and the basketball team are there...even some of the cheerleaders are there.

"...alright, so you all know what to do. Everything should go as planned." Seth finished.

"How do you know she'll be at the game tonight?" Sam asked.

"Chris will take care of that. He's with Trish right now distracting her while we get ready." Seth answered back.

"God I hope everything turns out right tonight." I tell Seth.

"Relax man, you got this." Seth said.

"Thanks man. Guys, thanks seriously." I tell everyone.

"Yeah, we just wanna see Trish happy." Jake said.

"But if she cries because of you Peterson, expect the entire football team to beat the crap out of you." Sam said seriously.

I nod my head. I'd never hurt her...not intentionally of course.

"Oi! Good luck later by the way!" Gabe said. "Bring that trophy home."

"We will." Brock smirked.

Tonight is probably one of the most important nights of my life; my last championships in high school and the night I finally ask Beatrice to be mine...I hope it all turns out well.

GOAL: 6 votes? Yeah, can doo guys..