Chapter 28

Previous…

Even though I was still young at that time, I knew that she was the one that I wanted to marry. Heck, we used to always have pretend wedding ceremonies.

We were about 9 or 10 and I gave her a necklace that we saw at a carnival together. She really wanted it, so being the gentleman I am, I bought it for her. She never took it off and wore it everywhere we went.

I waited for her the next summer, but she never came. I waited every summer, even until now, but I guess I don’t have to wait anymore. He

I still couldn’t believe it. How could I not notice her? And how could I not notice the necklace? So many thoughts and memories were running through my mind.

I can’t lose her, not again.

____________________________

Beatrice’s POV

The day I dreaded the most was here…shopping for prom dresses. Kat dragged me into so many shops in the mall. Where does this girl get her energy from? We’ve been walking for more than 2 hours. “Katttt! Are we done yet? We’ve been in almost every shop in this entire mall.” I complained.

“Trish stop over acting. We haven’t even been here that long.” she said.

I gaped at her when she said that. “Earth to Kathleen, we’ve been here for more than 2 hours.” I said.

“We need to find the perfect dress Trish.”

“You already have your dress!” I complained once again.

“Yeah I do, but you need yours.” she said dragging me to another store.

We walked in the store and I sat in one of the couches. Kat started walking around looking at each rack. After about 5 minutes, she dumped 3 dresses on top of me and pushed me into the dressing room. “You better be done when I get back!” she yelled outside the door.

I tried all 3 dresses and I personally thought they were okay, but Kat kept complaining about them not being ‘the one.’ Her words, not mine.

I sat back down on the couch while Kat walked to another rack. “I’ll be back. Hold on.” she said.

I looked up and saw one dress catching my attention. It was a purple dress with a strapless sweetheart neckline and a keyhole cutout in the front with beads outlining the neckline and the keyhole. I got up the couch and walked towards it and pulled it out the rack. Kat walked back with 2 other dresses in her hands, but dropped them when she saw the purple dress.

“OMG Trish! That’s ‘the one!’ Try it on.” she said.

I went into the dressing room and tried the dress and fit perfectly. I walked in front of the mirror and it looked amazing on me, hugging me just in the right places. I walked out the dressing room to show Kat, but bumped into someone on my way out. “Sorry.” I said helping her pick up the dresses she dropped.

“No problem.” she said smiling.

I handed her the dress and realized who the girl was, it was Angela. “Here.” I said walking away from her.

“You look good in that dress.” she said smiling at me.

If she wasn’t the reason why Kevin and I aren’t together anymore, I would’ve liked her. She seems really nice and innocent, but you know what they say, the innocent ones are the dangerous ones. I rolled my eyes and walked away without saying anything. I know it may seem bitchy and all, but wouldn’t you do the same thing?